ℂ𝕙𝕡. 𝟙

Different people cope in different ways. Some yell until their vocal cords completely give out. Some hide, to disappear from others as their loved one did to them. Some cry until their eyes burn more than their heart.

I take pictures of the moon.

~

"Tomorrow the entrance exams for U.A start," I slow my steps. "I'm overdoing my training again. I shouldn't be running so much the night before the exams," I said to myself, out of breath. Ever since I moved from my home country to Japan, I've been training like crazy to get into U.A.

I usually trained at night. Every time I simply walked around during the day I was met with weird stares. Some filled with disgust, others filled with fear. I tried to ignore them, however, they always seemed to get to me.

I found a bench and sat down while I pulled my phone out. I pointed it at the moon and I smiled to myself. I took another picture, intending to never stop taking one every night. "Picture 100." My mood slightly dropped. I wondered if that was something to be proud of or upset about. The pictures remind me of her and everything I could've done to prevent it.

I spaced out for a second, remembering why I took pictures of the moon in the first place.

I snapped out of it and checked my phone to realize that it was well past 10:00pm and I needed to return home to get some sleep and pray Isha'. I put my phone back into my pocket and started running again.

I returned home and tiptoed to my room, careful not to wake up my parents. I wanted to collapse onto my bed and not wake up for the next week, however I had to freshen up and pray. I went to the bathroom and took a shower, the thought of getting rejected from U.A filled my mind. I was confident that my quirk would prove to be more than enough to get me a spot in my dream school. Although, my confidence was always easily crushed from nagging thoughts. They should be ignored, but that's easier said than done.

I stepped out of the shower and struggled to put on my pajama pants. "Running for miles is not nearly as difficult as putting on pants after taking a shower," I said, with a slight chuckle. I dried my hair and started brushing my teeth. I picked up my phone and admired the photo I took that night. "100 days since then.."

I left the bathroom and prayed, making dua to get into U.A in sajdah. After I finished praying, I went to bed.  "If I don't pass, I'm making a U.A hate page. Inshallah I pass, ya Allah..."

It felt as if the moment I closed my eyes, they opened.

"Wake up Y/n, you're going to be late for the entrance exams" my father said, leaving my room shortly after. I'd usually be groaning and procrastinating whether or not to get up 20 minutes after he tells me to, although today, my thoughts differed. I was both nervous and excited.

I quickly changed into baggy pants and a loose long sleeve shirt. I didn't pay too much attention to how my clothes looked, rather, I focused on clothes that would allow me to move easily and were modest.

I grabbed my phone and headphones. I listened to Surah Al-Baqara while I quietly recited it and walked downstairs. My father seemed to be talking to me so I held up the side of my headphones to hear him clearly. "What do you want for breakfast?" He asked.

"I'll make my own breakfast, shukran. Go to work, you're gonna be late."

My father worked to make gadgets for pro heroes. His quirk was 'Telekinesis'. Many people thought, him becoming a hero would've been more logical, but I admire his choice. It was what he wanted to do.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure"

He grabbed his keys, "Good luck Y/n, I know you'll pass, Inshaallah."