➭ your

chapter 12: the new detective

For the next month, Hyun Joo felt herself loving Jihoon day by day as they spent more time together. This was the relationship she had desired to have for so long, and now it has finally happened. And she couldn't ask for a better person.

They kept their relationship pretty innocent for the most part, something Hyun Joo still kept adjusting to the idea of. Mainly because she simply couldn't imagine telling Jihoon that she had sex before, and because Jihoon might have not done it. Either way, their sex life was never spoken of and she preferred it to stay that way. Hyun Joo still loves him even if they don't have sex.

Hyun Joo back-hugged Jihoon, making him smile while he kept cooking the omelette.

"Oo~ omelette. My favorite." She grinned, pecking his cheek.

He blushed, smiling. "I'll make as many as you want."

"Yes please~"

As Hyun Joo got the table ready, Jihoon placed the plates of food down, and they began to eat.

"We have a special day today." Jihoon began as he popped a piece of omelette in his mouth.

"What is it?" She asked with excitement.

"A date."

Hyun Joo blushed. "A... date?"

He nodded. "Is it bad?"

"N-no, of course not! I love the idea." She softly smiled, glancing down at her food. It was something Hyun Joo never really experienced, but now that work was out of the way, they were finally having their first date together.

Jihoon split his omelette in half, handing her the other one.

"Why did you do that? I'm not that hungry."

"You should eat more." He gave her a knowing look. "I only see you getting off with crackers and coffee while we work."

Busted.

Hyun Joo chuckled. "Fine."

Ha Joon angrily stormed into his apartment, catching Yunseo by surprise.

She stood up as she saw him. "Ha Joon? How come you're back early?"

"My job fired me." He sighed, taking a water bottle out of the fridge before gulping it down.

Yunseo walked inside the kitchen. "What happened?"

"A lot of shit." He rubbed his forehead in frustration. Ha Joon was unable to concentrate this past month. His mind clouded him with too many emotions and dark thoughts that simply yelled at him to stop what he was doing.

At that point, he felt like he was suffocating.

His thoughts were interrupted as Yunseo wrapped a gentle hand on his arm, leading him to his bedroom. Ha Joon stayed silent as she kissed down his collarbone, and he laid down, accepting his destiny, because this was the only thing he was ever born to do.

After he showered, Ha Joon changed into new clothes, preparing to head out again before Yunseo stopped him.

She waved out two tickets in her hand. "There's a movie I want to watch today. Come with me."

"I don't like movies."

"Come on!" She whined. "It'll be fun."

Ha Joon shook his head. "I'm going out."

"Where?"

"For a smoke."

But Ha Joon stopped as Yunseo ran to the front door, leaning her body against it. She pouted, giving him wide eyes.