➭ body,

chapter 7: provoking the abusive boyfriend

That morning, Hyun Joo woke up early. She showered, made breakfast, before leaving.

Ha Joon then woke up, sighing when he remembered what took place last night. He took a quick shower before finding what was left of breakfast.

He had forgotten to ask for her number again. Ha Joon shrugged it off, looking around as he wondered where she left. It was the weekend, which seemed unusual for her to leave. Unless she also worked on the weekends.

He was interrupted by the sound of the doorbell. Ha Joon opened the door, finding Hyun Joo's ex boyfriend.

"Does this taste better?" Jihoon asked as he handed her pumpkin pie.

Hyun Joo hummed in satisfaction, giving him a thumbs up. He laughed, content by the feedback.

"So why did you want us to hang out here?" She asked as she glanced around the buffet.

Jihoon smiled. "I wanted to spend time with you."

"Me? Why?" She blinked.

"Because I like you, Hyun Joo."

Hyun Joo paused, looking at him. Jihoon sighed, blushing as he pursed his lips.

"Is it going too fast? I figured we can start off this way if I come clean with you. I don't like to hide my feelings."

"Jihoon..." She trailed off, shaking her head. "It's not that at all. I'm just... surprised. And you too, would be surprised if you knew what I'm really like."

"What do you mean? I won't judge you at all, no matter the circumstance. I like you because you're you. I wish we could've started off as friends, but my heart doesn't desire it that way. I just want us to get to know each other before we could date."

Hyun Joo averted her gaze down, her mind trailing back to Ha Joon. Since yesterday's events, she felt once again, guilty and left with more questions than answers. Hyun Joo willingly threw herself at him, discovering new pleasures, yet new sides of him as they had sex. But it wasn't like anything else was gonna happen besides that. Ha Joon only wanted to fuck. Nothing else. She had to get her mind out of the gutter.

"Can you let me think about it?" She asked, watching as Jihoon's eyes widened. If he was a dog, his tail could've been wagging in excitement at the surprising response.

"Of course. Take all the time you need." He finally smiled.

Hyun Joo softly smiled back.

"You again?" Ha Joon mumbled. "What are you doing here?"

Sanghoon shoved past him, yelling at the top of his lungs. "Hyun Joo! Where are you?!"

"She's not here." He responded, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed.

Sanghoon faced Ha Joon with a scary glare. "Don't give that bullshit, I know she lives here! Where is she?!"

Ha Joon's eyes darkened. "I said, she's not here. She has a life, working for endless hours unlike you."

The man grabbed his collar, watching as Ha Joon sneered with a smirk. He dangerously leaned towards him, wanting to badly scrape that stupid smirk off of his face. "You know where she is, right?"

"Who knows? I only know where she is whenever she comes home." Ha Joon shoved him back, walking past him to the front door. He silently gestured him to leave.

But Sanghoon fumed. He walked to the living room, sitting on the couch. "I am not moving from here."

Ha Joon watched him, before smirking. He shut the door behind him, standing across from him as he impatiently tapped his foot.

"You're sitting in the wrongest place right now." He drawled, catching his attention.

Sanghoon looked up at him. "What are you talking about?"

Ha Joon shrugged. "You already lost her. Give it up. Did you think she would continue dating you? While you were abusing her, scraping her body, and damaging her soul, I was pleasuring her in ways that you could never do."

The man froze. He slowly turned red in anger. "What did you just say?"

"We did a lot of stuff together." Ha Joon continued, biting his lip as he thought of her. "Her pretty little lips as she screamed out my name while I fucked her senselessly was enough to turn us both on-"

Sanghoon ran over, punching him across the face so hard he staggered to the ground. Ha Joon stood up, having the time of his life as he stared at him, chuckling.

"Wow, not so confident anymore, are we?" He sneered.

"You fucking dickhead." Sanghoon gritted out. "That's my girlfriend. Only I can touch her whenever I want to, wherever the fuck I want to!"

"I don't think she'd be happy to hear that from you." Ha Joon said as he glanced behind him.

Sanghoon started to lung at him, before a voice yelled at him to stop. He turned around, facing Hyun Joo.

"What are you doing here?" She stared at him, tightening her jaw. "I thought I made it clear we aren't a thing anymore."

"Hyun Joo," Sanghoon began, pointing at Ha Joon. "Did you really sleep with this bastard?"

Hyun Joo sighed. "Yes, I did."

He dangerously walked towards her. "You fucking-" Hyun Joo flinched back as he was rose his hand, and he froze, staring at her.

"Can you just stop already?!" She blurted out, yelling all her feelings out. "I'm tired, Sanghoon! I can't take this anymore! You don't treat me with the respect I deserve! You distance me from your own guy friends, you control who I can call or text! How am I supposed to keep dating you after you took away my freedom?!"

Sanghoon's eye twitched as she ran to Ha Joon, standing in front of him.

"I won't let you hurt me nor the people I love anymore. That goes for Ha Joon. He was the only one to ever save me from your claws, and just so you know, I love him much more than I ever loved you!"

Ha Joon's eyes slightly widened at her words. He looked away, silent as Sanghoon's eyes trailed between them.

Sanghoon's fist tightened in anger, and he stormed out, slamming the door behind him.

When she was sure he was gone, Hyun Joo sighed in relief, placing a hand over her chest as she calmed her steady breathing. She glanced at Ha Joon, who looked anywhere else but her.

"Thank you." She mumbled. "If you weren't here, I don't think I could've yelled all those things to his face."

"Yeah." He muttered, watching as she walked past him to get her stuff.

"Why did you say all of that? About us, I mean." Ha Joon asked behind her.

Hyun Joo faced him. "I wanted to make him believe we're dating so he would leave me alone. I'm sorry if it made you uncomfortable."

He didn't say anything. With an internal sigh, she walked away before he suddenly grabbed her wrist, startling her.

"W-what?" She asked, blushing. Hyun Joo looked down at his phone that he had put in her hands.

Ha Joon walked away. "Put your number there."

Hyun Joo felt her stomach flutter with butterflies. They were exchanging numbers. She bit her lip to keep from smiling before dialing her number in.