42. 𝘈𝘜𝘋𝘈𝘊𝘐𝘛𝘠

"Here's your schedule for today N/n.." Benji informed Y/n through a call. She checked her phone, and there he had sent a digital version of her schedule.

10.00-11.00AM : Interrogation of Patriot.

11.30-12.30AM : Preparation for televised announcement.

13.00PM : You will go live.

15.00PM : Online meeting with Commission Pres. & Vice pres.

Link for script attached below.

"Alright, thanks." Y/n responded. Benji gulped hesitantly on the other side of the screen. "Hey uh.. Do you really think this is a good idea?" He nervously asked. Y/n raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean?" She replied, her voice stern. Now, Benji was close enough to Y/n to not be scared of her anymore, but she had some moments where she was quite intimidating to talk to.

"Well.. A little less than 24 hours ago you seemed to have lost control a little-" "I did not lose control I-" She paused to take a deep breath. "I can handle this Benji, I would appreciate it if you don't doubt me." "I don't doubt you, I swear! I'm just concerned that's all.." "Well don't be. I'm fine. I promise." Benji cursed when Y/n hung up, and he threw his head back onto his wheelchair's headrest.

"What's wrong?" Katsuki asked Y/n after she hung up. They were walking together, towards the interrogation room. They were the ones who were going to interrogate the captured traitor. Even though that decision was heavily criticised, Y/n insisted. So she and Killian, the US vice commission president, came up with a deal. "Nothing. So he's awake?" She changed the subject. Katsuki nodded. "He suffered from a concussion, lots of cuts and massive trauma to the lower spine." He explained and she nodded along.

"We.. We might be talking about paralysis here. But the doctors are still waiting for results after some scans." Y/n stopped in her tracks, staring down at her feet. "So I paralysed him?" "We're not sure yet, don't start thinking any of those thoughts of yours. I know how you get when you accidentally hurt someone. Just remember all that he's done." Katsuki reminded, trying to keep her mind from going to a dark place. "Right.." She nodded, hesitantly picking up the pace again.

Katsuki opened the door for her, allowing her to finally take a look at the bedridden traitor. William was handcuffed to the bed, a quirk deactivator was strapped around his bruised neck and he was staring out the window. His blue eyes moved away from the dull winter view outside, and in turn widened at the sight of the two heroes stepping inside the room. "Relax you twit. We're just interrogating you." Katsuki yawned, dragging two chairs for them to sit on. They made sure to sit right in front of him.

"So.." Katsuki began, clicking 'record' on his phone so they could have his confession on record. "How long have you been an active spy for renowned villain Maneater and his organisation, the Hero Restoration Squad?" Whilst Katsuki read out the question, Y/n was staring daggers into William's eyes. His gaze could only hold hers for a few seconds before looking away.

Katsuki waited for him to answer, and scowled when 10 seconds passed with no response.  His silence pissed her off. She lifted her foot, landing a kick on the bed's footboard. The bed shook, and William groaned in pain. "Answer." Hissed Y/n. William gulped and Katsuki covered his small smile with his hand. "...Around a day or two before you came back." He finally answered. Y/n muttered a 'wow' under her breath. "Did you approach Maneater, or did he reach out to you?" Katsuki then asked.

William was quiet until Y/n raised her foot again, silently threatening to kick his bed. "Me. I approached." He quickly answered. "Dickhead.." Whispered Katsuki to himself. "Wha-" "Why did you do it?" Y/n interrupted with a sullen glare and knitted eyebrows. "Why did you do his bidding huh? Money? No, you have plenty..." She spoke, rising from her seat and walking beside the bed to where he rested his head. "Tell me. 'America's most patriotic man', what was the reason you abandoned your title? Is it because you wanted another one?" She kept on questioning.