chapter nine

" Why do we need to go to the lab?" Asked Sun-hee as Chan-mi cleaned the knife carefully wiping it at the curtains, leaving blood behind.

Chan-mi signed she couldn't cry anymore they needed water and she poured it down. " my friends were supposed to be there"

"Oh," Sun-hee thought about all the zombies that were outside of the lab. Sun-hee wanted to apologize but then she saw chan-mi looking out of the window spacing out.

There was slim to no chance they were alive. She took out the green colored paper as she looked at Nam-ra's handwriting.

The sound of them trying to break glass broke her out of her thoughts
Zombies, zombies everywhere. " we have to get out of school or wait until these creatures die"

" Do you think there are more people alive like us?" Asked Sun-hee, she felt so alone Chan-mi was the only person who didn't turn that Sun-hee met.

Chan-mi thought about her friends. In a situation like this, it is easy to lose hope. And she lost it like the snap of fingers the second she saw all those zombies outside the lab.

But she couldn't give up, the note gave her some hope maybe they were still alive show how but now she didn't have any lead on where to find them, maybe it is the best to get out of school with Sun-hee and then call for help and then see if her friends ade is alive.

Chan-mi signed " also it's only been a few hours I don't think that whole city is turned yet"

Sun-hee signed too, she then looked through the window and pointed at two zombies near three " you see them? Those are my friends or were my friends."

Sun-hee didn't want to remember. It was hard to lose people you are close to, when you lose them you feel the emptiness they once made. So she pretends that nothing ever covered that emptiness.

Chan-mi looked at Sun-hee blank stare, she then gave her a weak smile " don't worry I already cried a river for them I am not a psychopath."

Chan-mi patted her head " never thought of it"

"wait are you calling me a psychopath?" Chan-mi relaized looking at youger girl.

"No!"

" my dad is probably alive he is a detective we could try to find him he will probably want to take you in as a daughter too I have a younger brother too he is so annoying " Sun-hee broke it.

" He seems like a nice person I would like to have a dad like that" Chan-mi never really thought how it would be like if her real das was alive she was realistic enough to keep herself from making delusions, even if it would be nice.

" what about yours? You are super cool he must be proud"

" mine died in a fire when I was young" Sun-hee grimaced regretting opening this theme of conversation. " well better than being a zombie I guess"

" yeah"

" I am living with my aunt and uncle. They are -were nice. They treated me like their own I got my room and my lunch just like my cousin. I saw him as a brother we argued a lot but I know we appreciated one another."

A tear fell" he is a suicidal maniac if someone died it would be either him or su-hyeok they would do anything for their friends."

"I and my friend were in the classroom together and she hanged herself so the zombies would go after her not me so I ran into the bathroom and stayed there locked," Sun-hee said as Chan-mi hugged her. Sun-hee went through a lot.

She couldn't imagine what it is like seeing your friend's body hanging. " when we get out I will make sure to treat you to ice cream you went through a lot " Chan-mi messed her head.

Sun-hee pushed her hand " one vanilla and one chocolate please" acting aa they were already at the shop buying.

" would you like some sprinkles too?" Chan-mi deepened her voice.

" yes please!"

Silence

***
"shit. We're completely fսckеd."

The zombie broke the window as its head was hanging on the rope the group made to get down to the broadcasting room. A girl zombie was hanging on rope not letting it go as Cheong-san desperately tried to get it off with mood.

"Just push it! Push it! Push it off!"

"Su-hyeok! Watch out for your hand!"

"fսck it!"
***

Sun-hee stared out the window then she saw something weird.

" What is that rope?" Chan-mi suddenly looked at where Sun-hee pointed at. It went out of her classroom and a zombie was hanging out of it. Some students were trying to get it off with a mop. Chan-mi leaned closer to the window, it wasn't any students who were her friends.

And they were in the broadcasting room.

Her eye twitched, and they were in the broadcasting room.

" those are my fucking friends" she could have stayed in the broacast8ng room chilling but she played tag with the people who kept moving around the school.

She opened the Windom and stepped to our side.

" Wha- what are you doing!?!" Sun-hee looked at her and was crazy.

" We are going there it is just upfront and then down," Chan-mi said making a hand gesture to make the younger girl move.

A chan-mi was getting out she accidentally scratched her leg as she winced. Chan-mi noticed it as she asked if she is right.

" It is just a stretch I am fine"