"Tell me Nagini. Is a battle always fair."

"Never."

"Do you think your opponent will give you time to be comfortable? A young lady with your title is expected to attend many appearances. Many balls, galas, ceremonies, all of it. Do you honestly think you'll be wearing clothing suitable for a wizard duel? I expect you to get comfortable with this new teaching style."

Merlin she hated when the old woman had a point.

The rest of the day went by fine. Training wasn't even hard, Tom observed quietly on the sideline monitoring her health. The silly dress was easy to move in after a while. She even considered keeping it. Maybe.

Things where almost over until a heavy topic sprung.

"You don't use your wand I see."

"I haven't used since my first year. I have no need for it."

"A wizards wand and soul share a personal connection. You need your wand."

"I don't need anything. I'm not weak like all of you."

"You need to be stronger in order to handle what is to be expected out of you."

Strong enough? Was she calling her weak? After all this time was she still not ready for her fate? It's been years, countless days of hard work to achieve her strength and it's still not enough.
"I'm not weak Anador."

"Silly child. It's not that your weak it's that your uncontrollable in that form. Riddle here managed to survive  because of your connection but what if one day you snap and kill your own husband."

Tom sighed in disappointment as he realized he couldn't keep it a secret anymore. What a shame.

"Thomas and I are not in a union. I may have this ring but I assure you that I plan on taking it off." Anador looked at her in pity. Nagini recognized that look from her.

"Silly girl. The council had confirmed it. You'll be a riddle soon."
She can't have a regular life, happiness is out of question for her, and she is just finding out about her own marriage. They keep treating her like some weapon. Like a doll. Nagini didn't exactly know what went through her head at that moment. A moment of sheer will as she did the unexpected. Hatred really does speak creative thoughts.

She's not and idiot. She knows exactly what they want from her. Why she was chosen. Why she was a prodigy.

It's because she can turn.

Green scales never felt more familiar. Her dress slipped off as she tried slithering. Tom was sure surprised to see this. Yet Anador look concerned, Nagini isn't ready.

The beast isn't tame, it's eyes shut as it struggled to control itself. The sudden action of fangs coming out ready to bite was stopped when Tom drew the line. Arm stretched, pointed and aimed as it moved. His hand moving as if  he controlled a puppet.

Moving just in time to stop Nagini from giving herself a fatal bite.

"Turn back." Nagini tried, she really tried breaking the connection for a single bite.

Just one bite.

It's enough to end her immediately. End this life that was forced upon her. She didn't want it. She doesn't need it.
"Nagini I said turn back! Your going mad!" Tom thought to himself, if he could control her, then maybe he could change her form.
Nagini could feel this. He was really trying to push her back. And because of the training and the focus it took to hold back this beast, Nagini was exhausted. She couldn't fight back and tame a beast while someone tried pushing her back into a human.