VI

[I forgot to imply that they did in fact grow up. Fixed the issue now though. Nagini and Tom are in their sixth year]

THE BLACK FAMILY WAS NEVER KNOWN TO BE KIND. It was a house that ruled with cruelty and discipline. Nagini was a prime example of how the family handles their priorities.
When she was first born, like tradition she was presented to the elders to be given a title. Nobody expected much, as the only daughter to a third branch her title would most likely be a lady but nothing more.
A turn of events had happened however, when they had presented her as snake charmer. Only evidence being her vibrant green eyes. Her tittle was then confirmed when she had began to understand and speak slight parseltongue to snakes.

Ever since her title she had not known peace. Everyday was a new brutal task, a hard lesson, and a round of expectations. Her own parents were forbidden to even see her because they thought it would distract her.
She wasn't allowed to fail, wasn't allowed an opportunity to even try. It was 'get it right the first time or prepare for another curse.'

At the age of five she was finally introduced to other family members. Hence meeting Jade, part of the first branch and second in line.
At first, Nagini tried getting away from her. She would sense her and leave, hide, even bluntly ignore her in hopes that she would just leave for her own good.

But she never did. She talked every chance she had, came to every wizard duel, and would sneak her food on days they would starve her.
Eventually forming a bond. The family could never know of it, Nagini was there perfect tool, they restricted her of anything that would stray her of her duties.
So every night they would sneak of into the garden and have a 'tea party'. The tea would be cold and they would be covered in mud trying to get to their spot but it was worth it.

Months would go by and soon came in Alastor. A boy their age from the Lestrange family. He was to become Jade's husband once they were to graduate Hogwarts, as part of the deal he would spend a couple weeks every month at the manor.
    It didn't take long for him to join in on there secrete meeting's . It had all began when they snuck back into the manor for Jade's scissors but Nagini had mentioned feeling someone shivering and crying.

   Alastor home wasn't any better than theirs. It was at that moment when they had all realized how cruel their heritage actually was.

   Jades constant neglect and loneliness.

  Alastor's abuse and torture.

   And Nagini's relentless need to be the perfect weapon.

   Their little 'tea parties' were the only escape they had from their crushing realities. They were family, everyone else were just monsters who shared blood.
   Time after time they discussed running away, running away and leaving behind their roots.

  Unfortunately. Elders caught word of her thoughts after she let her guard down due to her failure in defeating a new opponent. In hopes of preventing this they sent her away on a mission, if she refused then they vowed to kill both Alastor and Jade regardless of their tittles. For them it meant nothing compared to her mindset on loyalties.

   So she went. Unwilling and had arrived at Wools Orphanage with an empty memory.

   "Geni love, what's on your mind." His voice was smooth and calm. His thoughts clouded with multiple subjects yet right now only she mattered.
   "Just thinking, why? Is something wrong perhaps." Ever since their first year things have never been the same.

On their first month at Hogwarts Nagini had been personally escorted the Dumbledores office only to find Arrageta Black. An elder ready to escort her to the manor for a week of rehabilitation. Tom fought relentlessly to go.