Texas was tall standing and resilient, however not by chance

Texas was tall standing and resilient, however not by chance. Lappland was her rival so she had to always be on guard to survive. Luckily thanks to those hardships she became the glue of the team. "Texas hide behind those toppled cars near the chokehold." Not even a second passed before a muttered yes rang back through the coms. And with that, the first wave of reunion soldiers came in and started to enter the ghostly cityscape.

Multiple low-level reunion soldiers came through the narrow passageway carved out by bombs dropped earlier. "Here they come Texas. Piece of cake." The first soldier rounded the corner near the broken car hiding her. He didn't have enough time to react before he was slashed directly across the chest staining it blood red alongside with a blood-curdling scream.

Hearing the commotion his friends came rushing down unknowing that it was their demise. "Hey! Are you-" He was kicked in the stomach dropping his weapon while she flung her sword across his face breaking his helmet.

"Gah! It's- an operator from Rhodes Island!" He got his backup blade fresh from the hidden sheath and swung it frantically trying to hit her but to no avail. She dodged every move perfectly and plunged her blade deep into his heart causing him to drop the blade. "Agh. Run away, everyone!"

He succumbed to his wound shortly after his final message over the intercoms. "Run away? It's just one damn girl how hard could it be?" A group of 3 soldiers emerged from a pile of rubble. "Haha, the noobies did end up as meat shields. You know that means I've won the bet. Now pay up!" One of the men shoved his elbow to the red-plated soldier being the leader of the crew. "Shut the hell up, let's deal with her first." They all spaced out weapons drawn. "Just don't make sure to hurt her too badly, we can get some use out of someone like her."

Texas looked unamused because she wasn't. "Disgusting." She awaited orders from the Doctor. "Once they strike use your arts to stun them. Liskarm will be there shortly to help." She nodded to his orders while quietly whispering a yes despite being nowhere near him. "She's gone crazy talking to herself!" The first soldier lunged at her parrying her retaliation attack. While stuck in a clash his other two comrades equally took the chance to attack her from behind.

"Hyah!" Texas channeled her arts and a barrage of swords rained from the sky above in unison. The bright yellow swords pierced through the soldier's armor and flesh sending them into a grueling finale. "AGHH!" They cried out trying to desperately crawl away after being incapacitated by her mastered arts. "Pathetic." Texas looked at them curled up and defeated as she heard footsteps from behind. "All finished, Texas?" Two familiar figures appeared. Liskarm and Shining. "Mhm. Any new orders from your end?" She retrieved some pocky sticks from her pouch and put some in her mouth.

"None. Keep going according to plan which is to advance from here on out. Thank you." Shining answered. Her lengthy black cloak was waving in the air as the wind passed by, practically making her seem like a reaper incarnate.  "Yeah. I can notice why the Doctor always entrusts you with the starting battle." Liskarm unholstered her gun and swapped it to her shield in case of any surprise attack.