Prologue

Time: 18:00 / Visibility: 11 km / Weather: Foggy Location: Run-down building
________________________________

"I feel it in the air." The Doctor stood apart from his assistant Amiya amidst the ruins of a building looking onwards to the battlefield. "Victory?" She quietly asked. The Doctor nodded in response knowing very well that this operation had been in the making since 2 weeks from that day. "You've made the right preparations I'm sure, appointing Lappland as the squad leader however-" She rubbed her shoulder as if fearing secret retaliation from the lupo operator. "She's... a notorious well-trained operator. One of my best." Lappland, famed for her impressive feats of combat was most certainly a force to be reckoned with.  Anyone who went up against her would be lucky to even live to tell the tale.

Those who did were never really the same. Her freakishly fast movements and strides would trick the smartest of combatants. "Mind handing me a map of the battlefield, Amiya?" She nodded while taking out a tablet from her bag. "Here you go Y/N." After fiddling with the device a projection of the field was displayed, it was a closed city passageway laid to ruin by the reunion themselves.

"It appears they've been supplying resources to their outposts from this main road. Not a bad strategy however they missed one of the most important notions of war." Amiya turned slightly to look at him. The sunset shimmered across the horizon revealing the face behind the mask ever so slightly. "And what would that be?" The tablet was turned off and handed back to its origin. "Never put all your eggs in one basket."

He turned to face her directly. "We should go now, they're about 5 minutes away." She nodded and the two made their way down the crumpled stairs. The walls are etched with dust and sand almost detailing its history. Not too far from their viewpoint the Doctor's squad stood huddled in a room awaiting their orders. 

"So it's just as we rehearsed, Texas will lead the deployment, and the rest of you will follow right behind her." He looked at Texas which she answered in response. "If I have an opportunity to kill rogue soldiers should I take it? Or wait for reinforcements?" He paused thinking before answering. "I would prefer you'd stay back, it's tempting but we can't afford to lose position. The moment they see us disorganized they'll get cocky." He looked at his squad landing his eyes on Shining by chance. "This is a crucial battle. If we are unable to take back these lands then the reunion will have the upper hand."

"Now Amiya, anything else you'd like to add before?" Her ears twitched intently. "Yes, don't think you're alone in this operation fully. The Doctor will be able to communicate with you directly through radio. If in doubt dial in and ask what to do. Remember these plans are subject to change due to the reunions unpredictability." She nodded at Y/N before ending. "So no un-rational moves."

She looked sideways at Lappland ever so slightly. She was good at working alone as an assassin operator however she was a front line guard at the end of the day. Despite tending to fight on her judgment it would always work out in one way or another.

"Have something on your mind, Amiya?" The wolf quickly snapped. "Don't think I can follow orders?" She grinned. Amiya still had trouble figuring out when she was joking or not leading to multiple confusing encounters between the two.

At the door, Liskarm walked into the decrepit building signaling for the Doctor. "Sir, we've spotted the reunion, and the rest of our squad is ready to deploy," she said briskly, aware of the situation ahead. "Alright, operators let's move!" He shouted.

Time: 18:10 / Visibility: 9 km / Weather: Foggy Location: City passage
________________________________

The Doctor's moves were always integral to the plan going smoothly. Knowing that not everyone would be able to be brought out together he turned to his Vanguard Operator, Texas, for the initial attack.