blightsided

Amelia Blight was the oldest of the Blight children. Considered the disgrace of the children by Odalia. 19 without a coven and still in hexside. It was like she gave up on everything that had to do with the family. She would leave early and arrive late. She barely if ever talked with her parents. There was nothing that could be done. She was a rebellious teenager for longer than a normal person should. Almost 20.

"What will she do with her life?" Odalia sighed. She then got an idea. "Edric! Emira! Please come down stairs!" and that they did. "I will give you 20 snails each to follow Amelia all day." They looked at each other and winked. "Only if you pay us in advance."

Emira had long figured out how to swindle her parents for some extra snails. Odalia grunted and handed them the cash. They turned invisible and followed.

~~

Amelia walked up to a store. LOST & FOUND. It's been open for a few days but she was slightly afraid to go in. The cute guy that helped her a while back has opened a store selling things from both realms. She walks in to see Marcus sleeping behind the counter on the left. There's a sign that says 'wake me when you want to pay.'

The store is split down the middle. Human on the left and witch on the right. On the witch side there were crystals, books, a barrel full of weapons. What interested her more was the human side.

Books about nature and science. Funny looking toys. There was a big contraption that said space invaders. A paper was taped to the side that said 'not for sale.'

She picked out some crystals and an unknown grimoire from the witch side. She got a smartphone, some candy, and a stuffed thing called a bendy. She spread the items on the tables and poked him in the forehead until he woke up.

He yawned and looked at her. "Hey, if it isn't the little FIRESTARTER from a few days ago. How are ya doin?" "some good some bad." "I feel ya."

He looked at the stuff on the table. "Is the lovely lady going to buy these lovely items today? If so, the price for everything is 80 snails." She was slightly concerned about the price. It seemed cheap. She took ten coins out of a bag and the rest went to him.

"Why so cheap?" She said as he put the items in a bag. "Well, everything on the witch half of the store is the contraband that used to be in the conformatorium. Think of it as repossessed goods."

She was looking at the smartphone. "Let me show you how to use it."

~after an hour~

He made sure to show her everything and added himself to her contacts. "Hey I'm gonna have lunch after this. Do ya wanna join me?" she is a blight she was tough. She wasn't gonna take no for an answer. He was looking at his watch. Tapping on it with his fingers.

Once he stopped tapping, he looked up at her with a smile and got up. He yelled down the aisle, "goin on break!"

~eating sandwiches in the park~

She couldn't take the awkward silence anymore. "So...do you have a girlfriend?" he chokes on his food. "Where'd that come from?"

"Well you are perfectly comfortable eating with another girl without even looking at her. So I figured you're taken." His face gets hot. Thankfully it's not noticable. He was very much single

"I have to look away. Pretty girls distract me. I can look at you and talk to you if you really want." She seemed to not hear that he called her pretty. "I would like that a lot."

They would take turns talking about their lives. Cars, sports, college, and food were the things that talked about from the human realm. Hexside, covens and tracks, weather and food were the things that were talked about from the boiling isles.

When it was dinner time Amelia got up and said. "This was fun we should do it again sometime. I'll call you." A griffin came out of nowhere. Amelia hopped on and they flew away.

With a new smile he asked himself, " Did the HOTTEST witch in the boiling isles actually ask me out?"

~at the blight mansion~

Amelia looks at her new phone. A message came up. 'did you get home safely?'

'yep. Thanks for asking.'

'Question. Did you really just ask me out when you left?' Her face was red and her pointy ears started to flap up and down.

'yeah. To weird?'

'Oh good. I didn't want to make a mistake. Goodnight'

'Goodnight.'

She turned the phone off and fell asleep thinking about him.

~meanwhile~

"You followed her all day and I already paid you. What have you learned?"

Ed put it bluntly, "She went on a lunch date with a boy." Em just facepalms. "Oh... well, we will just have to wait until she gets tired of this one." Em interrupted. "There was something off about him mom."

" What do you mean?"

Ed, understanding what she was saying, answered. "we were invisible the entire time. But he was looking us."

"How can you be sure?"

"we were invisible, but whenever we would move to a new spot, his eyes would follow us."

The three of them were slightly scared and desperately wanted to know who he is. "Amelia, she is doing something that damages our family name. Again."

Please don't hate me for putting her in the beast keeping track. The idea of a tamer/summoner Astrid Hofferson type of person made me fuzzy inside. Enjoy the song. Seemed fitting.

How did I do coach?