Then: New Year's Eve

December 21st, 2012

"All team members to the common area, Nick Fury would like to video chat. He says it's urgent"

"Oh god, what now?" you say, rolling your eyes as you and Nat exit the laundry room.

The two of you enter the living room and see the team occupying the couches. You opt for the seat next to Tony, obviously, and Nat sits next to Steve.

Once everyone was seated, a hologram of Nick Fury forms in the middle of the room.

"Hello team, I hope all is well. Y/N, how are you adjusting?" Fury asks.

"I am adjusting wonderfully, everything is perfect so far" you beam, secretly grabbing Tony's hand and giving it a quick squeeze. 

"That's fantastic news. Now, the reason I pulled you all in here is to discuss Tony's annual New Year's Eve Party. And before you laugh, I received a tip that there are S.H.I.E.L.D agents who are secretly working for an undercover organization. I can't reveal too much, but I will need you all to look out for anyone who seems suspicious and send them my way" Fury explains.

"What organization?" Nat asks. 

"Can't say" 

Nat opens her mouth to speak, but is interrupted by Fury's quick goodbye and abrupt ending of the conversation. 

"This should be fun" Tony jokes.

December 31st, 2012

Tonight is the night of Tony's annual New Year's Eve party. This year will be your first, but after hearing all the marvelous stories, hopefully not your last. Tonight's will be the first hosted at the compound, and with the increase in space, you just know it will be much grander than the previous ones. 

You decide to wear a shimmery, silver mini dress with a plunging neckline, and your heels match the dress perfectly. You keep your makeup simple, doing just your normal routine but adding a slight shimmer to your eyelids, and a small winged liner. You keep your hair down and natural, letting your dress be the statement piece. 

Just as you're adding the finishing touches to your attire, you hear your phone beep with the sound of the special ringtone that signaled texts and calls from Tony. Checking your phone, you cursed as you saw the time-- 8:30 p.m., the party started at 8.

Tin Can: You coming, sweetheart?

You reply, yes, be down in a sec. As you run out of your bedroom and down to the lower floor where the party is being held. 

You gracefully make your way down the steps and all eyes turn to you, a true Cinderella moment. You pay the rest of the room no mind though, as you are searching for a specific set of eyes. Once you meet Tony's gaze, it is as if time slows down and nobody else in the world exists apart from the two of you. You keep your eyes glued on him the entire walk down the stairs, and head straight towards him as you reach the last step. 

"Hey, stranger," you say, gazing up at him through your long lashes. 

"Hey, sweetheart," he says, kissing your cheek, "you look, wow. I mean seriously, you look breathtaking, stunning, gorgeous, all the compliments in the world are reserved for you and only you" 

You beamed at his comment and saw nothing but sincerity and adoration in his eyes. At this moment, you realize you have fallen completely and madly in love with Tony. You swallow hard at this realization and attempt to collect yourself before responding.

"You look amazing, too, Ton," you say, giving his hand a light and subtle squeeze. 

The two of you still haven't told anyone, besides Nat, about your relationship, but you have a feeling you won't be able to keep it a secret much longer.