Facing The CEO Alpha

Začít od začátku

"Have you no respect for your Alpha?!" Rafael snapped at his daughter. "Kneel before him and apologize!"

Her vision finally went dark as a look of pure shock glued on Lilah's face. Her heart stopped beating and her head stormed.

'Kneel before who and apologize now?' she turned to him at a glance.

Her boss gave a brief glare at her and turned away.

Irked.

"You heard me... Do it!" Rafael pressed.

"What the hell, dad! You can't do this! Mum... Please, say something!" she turned to Benita with tears-filled eyes.

"You know what is right, just apologize!"

"I can't apologize for something I didn't do! I only came to work at Sure West because I chose to and now, I am going to leave! I'm not working for this fucking communication company ever again!" She said to Asher's face with so much hate.

"How dare you talk to your boss like that! Sit down, Lilah!" Rafael pointed to her seat.

"Sorry to disappoint you, Dad! But I'm gone. You should have discussed this with me at home but as my typical parents... You followed the other way!" Anger plastered her pale skin, red as she fumed out the words.

"Then get out of my office!" Asher stepped up, facing her this time with glowing eyes. Asher's jaw set in a hard line as he tried holding back his anger, not to wolf out.

"I assure you, Asher. She would write the letter." Benita promised, trying to calm him down.

"No fucking way!" Lilah coughed out a dry laugh, facing her dad. "Not after he treated me like a dog... This is crazy!"

"Have you completely lost your mind?" Her dad scoffed.

"Isn't that obvious?" Lilah clenched her fist so hard that her crescent nails dug into her soft palms. Bleeding. She grabbed her, paused, and stormed out of his office.

"Lilah! Come back here!" Her parents' voice trailed off as she banged the door on their annoying faces.

'How rude and mean?!' Her heart raced rapidly as she stopped a taxi and went back home. Not bothering to look back or wait for anybody.

Meanwhile, Eliana who was at work watched her from a corner. She called Lilah back, but she didn't notice.

"I'm so sorry for that." Asher cut in, he sighed, and leaned forward. Mr and Mrs Wulfric turned back to him, swallowing the sourness of their tongues.

"No, you shouldn't apologize. That was the least expected. We will talk some senses into her. Can you imagine?"
Benita replied, provoked by her daughter's actions.

"On behalf of Asena, we are so sorry for the inconvenience and we apologize for Lilah's behavior." Mr Wulfric bowed in respect but Asher helped him up.

"There's no need for this. This is a business organization. I wouldn't want someone else to find you like this." His brows pulled up, showing how inconvenient he was.

"You are a good and kind leader. We should be on our way now." Benita muttered and Asher nodded in agreement.

"Okay then. I guess we will discuss it later."

"Of course." Mr. and Mrs. Wulfric stood up and left the office.

"Where has she gone to?" Benita looked around, hoping to see Lilah somewhere.

"Don't worry about me. I'll be on my way to the restaurant. You should talk to Lilah. I wonder what she's turning into these days." Rafael hissed.

"Okay, then," Benita replied and stopped by a taxi.

It took her home, directly, while Rafael walked into the parking lot and revised the car before zooming into the busy road.

Getting home, a loud, tormenting grunt came from upstairs. The noise was from Lilah's room. Her fingernails, like carving knives, were stuck out. Tearing anything her hands could touch. Lilah's golden-yellow eyes stuck out fiercely with burning anger. Lilah tried pulling it back but she had no control over her power. Over her anger. It was boiling down from her chest to her lungs and stomach. Her hands shred her books with a single tear. Then she moved to her cottoned pillow.

Benita dashed into the building, rushing up into her daughter's room for a split second. Then, her angular jawbone dropped. Terrified to what stood before her.

"What the heck is wrong with you, Lilah?" Benita's eyes widened with shock as she stood by the entrance. "Oh my God... What have you done?"

Everything was scattered. She raised her boiling eyes to Lilah with an enraged look. A hand clasped on her forehead while the other held onto the wall for support.

"Didn't you hear me?! I'm talking to you!"

"How dare you just come in here and drag me to work like that? You embarrassed me, mum! You and Dad! In front of the entire world!"

"Do you know how hurtful it was to find out about that letter? You got fired from work! What do you expect? That we celebrate with you or make a toast? You should be grateful we are trying to help instead of complaining! Ugh... Asena would have done better!"

"Stop comparing me with Asena because we aren't the same! I am not Asena, okay?! I am Lilah. And I am a full-grown wolf now, not a little cub you can boss around!"

"In this house, under this roof, you are a cub and as our cub, you'll do as you're told! You will write an apology letter to Asher Rhys and beg him!"

'Clash!'

Lilah hit a shoe against the ceramic flower vase on her middle table, and it shattered in two. She was on the verge of transforming but tried pulling back. As if wolfing out was still a painful experience for her.

"I would never do that! Instead, I would meet Conan to get me a job in his company." An infuriating sigh whooshed out of her lips.

"I thought you never wanted to work with your mate. Why the change of mind?" Benita pointed out.

"That was when Asena was alive. But now, right now? I don't want to have anything to do with that fucking Alpha, whatever he is. I have cut all ties with him as of today!"

"Asher is still the king of our territory. The territory that you are part of!" Benita snapped. "He has dominant status against everyone in the Blue Moon pack, so can you stop the pretense?"

"Because his father was a good leader doesn't make him one. I hate Alpha Asher... I'm losing my mind already!"

"What happened between you two, exactly?"

"Nothing. Nothing, mum..." Lilah calmed her wolf. "Ugh! Here we go again!" She grabbed her hair in frustration.

"I know you wouldn't tell me. How long will you keep doing this?!"

"No matter how macho he may present himself to be, our Alpha has emotions just like an omega. Even we, the subordinates, might be wiser than him in actions and decision-making!" Lilah grabbed a jacket and hurried out of her room.

"Just open to us, more. We are your parents after all!" Benita yelled after her, letting out an infuriating sigh. She watched her daughter leave out of anger and she felt defeated. If only Lilah wasn't so secretive, things wouldn't go as bad as they went.