"I mean, if they can do it, we can too. I bet they practiced it, that's why it's so flawless." Carmen says, adding more commentary.

  "Did y'all practice?" Eric asks accusingly with narrowed eyes.

  "No." I say, rolling my eyes again.

  He hums, not convinced.

  "Also, how come we didn't know y'all were pregnant!" Carmen exclaims, her hands raised towards Oaklee.

I glance at Oaklee, seeing as her hand, that isn't on my thigh, is laying on her bump. Her face still guarded, she's still deciding on how she feels about them.

"Well, we aren't broadcasting it." I say.

Yeah, we've been to some events but we aren't exactly rubbing it in peoples faces. If they notice, then they notice, we aren't hiding it but we aren't shouting it off of the roof.

"How far along?" She asks, playing with her dark brown hair.

"16 weeks." Oaklee answers before I can. Her velvet voice smooths out but there's a hint of proudness.

Both Carmen and Eric's eyebrows fly to their hairline. I can't tell if it's from her speaking for the first time or because she doesn't look 16 weeks pregnant.

"Aw, that's amazing! When I was pregnant with my third, and last, I was the biggest I have ever been." Carmen says, smiling. Her brown skin glows as she talks about her children.

"Yeah, we might have to talk about the 'last' thing." Eric jokes, Carmen responds by hitting the back of his head.

He raises his hands and winces.

"Anyways, it's still pretty early, have you thought about names?"

Oaklee shakes her head as our waitress comes over.

"Hi! My names is Cindy and I'll be your waitress tonight. What can I get you to drink?" She says, a bit too happy. I can see Oaklee wince from the loud high pitch voice.

"Chardonnay."
"Whiskey."
"Whiskey on the rocks."
"Water."

She writes it down before handing us menus and walking away. I look at the menu, normally Oaklee would order for the both of us but I don't want to push her anymore than I've already have.

I know she doesn't do well with people she doesn't know, especially people that she hasn't already ran a thorough background check.

She points at the Salmon with Avocado and Mango Salsa, I nodded, showing that I understood.

Carmen starts a conversation with Oaklee, well as great as a conversation can get with one person talking and the other nodding.

"So, how have things been?" Eric asks me.

"The Americans," I sigh, shaking my head. "They've got everyone looking for them."

He knows about the mafias, he was in mine for a while but then he found Carmen and he wanted out.

"What did they do to you?" He asks, placing his chin on his hand that rests on the table.

"They tried to run us off the road and they shot up the ball."

  I mean, it's ridiculous even the people that are at war right now went and put it aside for one night.

  "You and Oaklee?! How long ago?" He asks, his eyes wide as saucers.

  "It's been about a week." I say, removing my hand from Oaklee's thigh to her hair.

  "That's fucking insane." He says, shaking his head.