Immortal Souls [part 2]

I was relieved when the mysterious client made me sign with his hand. Of course, he wore black velvet gloves. When I approached I saw that the kettle is empty. I could not restrain my surprised by this. But I stood at the table and expect the new contact. Did he want to get drunk? This is something new. I was really curious what kind of person he is.

-How to help, sir? Obviously you are very thirsty… sir.

     I could not get an answer, because my attention was attracted by something else. Three men broke into the pub. Such a thing had not happened so far and everyone stared at them. They looked like the real thugs, which was probably true. I froze when they looked at me. Just that they do not saw me, they saw the “Stranger”. I could not move even when they went to us. Then “The Stranger” pulled me behind him. Or just behind the chair, which he stood. I was really scared.

      The men stood before him. They had swords and daggers. One of the men had a strange scar on the face.

-So you were here… - said those who stood at the front. – They hired us to catch you.

     “Stranger” said nothing. Not even flinch. And I would have fainted from fear, but for some reason I could not move. I watched the terrified eyes of Ali and the others. Guards stormed, but not many came. They told me to get out of there, but I could not. I felt that my heart will stop.

     Apparently these people were bounty hunters or something. One of them looked at me and grinning. He walked towards me and I could tell that he is up to something bad. Then “The Stranger” stood up. Lightly and gracefully. He was really high. Literally, he covers me. The mercenary reached out for him. He wanted to hit him, but the only thing that he received was a fist that hurled him across the room. Nobody could believe it. How strong was he? But he protects me. I don’t know why. But the comrades of the fallen villain did not give up. They wanted to avenge his friend. They attacked him. The Stranger grabbed the tray from my hands and broke it in the skull of “target” and the other received a dagger in the belly. I saw the blood and my knees were soft. I lost balance, and he (the stranger) took me to fell.

     Gently I lifted my eyes and I could see part if his face. More precisely, chin and lips. He looked young and handsome. So he helped me sit on a chair and until everyone realizes what happened, the stranger had already disappeared. I sought him with a look, but he was gone, but the guards had already caught two surviving hunters, while others have already exported the body of the victim. Waitresses and other people surrounded me. They asked me if I’m good. And I was right? For the first time I felt myself so insecure.