Chapter Six: Slughorn's Dinner Party

Começar do início

"I figured that you'd end up here." A soft voice spoke, taking a seat next to him.

Y/N looked up at her while biting his lip. It was Hermione. Of course it was. She always seemed to be there when he was about to break down.

"You need to tell him, Y/N."

She was speaking about Harry who already suspected Draco. Y/N could see that Harry was also getting suspicious of him but didn't have it in him to suspect a friend.

"I can't. Not anymore. We're the villains in his story..." Y/N spoke with a forced chuckle.

"That's not true, Y/N." Hermione took his hand into hers.

"You never wanted to be a villain. You're forced to do this."

She knew none of this would end well but she was not going to give up on him.

"Hermione, I'm scared... I'm losing my way." Y/N bit his lip, fighting the tears that so desperately tried to flow.

"Stop trying to go at it alone. I'm with you." Hermione comforted.

Y/N knew Hermione wouldn't help him with it but she wanted to be there for him at least. To listen to him. 

"I'll be with you even if the path you're going is a rough one."

"Hermione. I'm losing myself." Y/N admitted as she stood up and repositioned herself in front of him.

"You're still here, stupid." Hermione forced a laugh.

"Under all your troubles, your stresses, your sadness. You're still here. I believe in you more than you think."

Y/N smiled softly at her. She was a light in his darkest times. He loved his family. He loved them to death. But perhaps he no longer minded how many people he lost as long as it's not her.

"My darling, at times it feels as if it's just us in this world." Y/N pulled her into his arms.

She sat on his lap, facing him. Her hands rested on his shoulders as his arms wrapped around her waist. She didn't respond, staring at him with the most loving eyes.

"You know, your hair always bounces here." Hermione chuckled, playing with his hair.

Y/N raised an eyebrow at her as she patted the same spot on his head a few times.

"What?" Y/N giggled at her.

"I like it." Hermione smiled at him.

"I don't think I've ever told you. I love every part of you."

Y/N felt butterflies in his stomach. It was usually him that would tell her that he loved her first.

"Hermione. Stay close to me." Y/N mumbled through a soft smile, pulling her closer and and burying his face into the crook of her neck.

"Always." Hermione smiled back, wrapping her arms around his neck.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The twins sat in an awkward silence as they quietly worked on the Vanishing Cabinet. Draco knew Y/N suspected him of the incident causing the guilt to rise every minute they were together.

"Draco." Y/N finally spoke up.

"Y-Yes." Draco stuttered, gulping as Y/N walked over to him.

He shut his eyes, expecting Y/N to punch him, to beat him up for hurting an innocent person. He'd let him. Draco had promised not to let anyone else get hurt, only to keep their mission as strictly killing Dumbledore and he broke the promise.