🪶16 - Heading Out (3)

Start from the beginning

"Choi Han."

Cale put some pressure to push down on Choi Han's shoulder.

"Calm down."

Choi Han's black pupils looked directly at Cale. Cale could see the angry Choi Han, no, to be specific, the Choi Han that was being held down by the memories of Harris Village, starting to calm down.

After verifying that Choi Han was calming down, Cale turned his gaze to look at Venion Stan.

Beautiful blonde hair and a slight smile on his lips. Perfectly ironed attire without a single wrinkle. Boots without a single scuff mark. However, the thing that caught Cale's attention was the small amount of red at the tip of Venion's white dress shirt.

'Some blood must have landed on him while he was enjoying watching the Black Dragon being tortured.'

A crazy bastard. This Venion Stan was someone who enjoyed his meal while watching the torturer whip the Black Dragon until it was covered with blood.

"Nice to meet you. Are you someone from Count Henituse's household?"

"Yes. Nice to meet you, Young master Venion Stan."

As expected, the other party knew of Cale. Venion was not someone who had an easy life in reaching the heir position. The problem was that he was a quite a bit rude.

"Mm."

Venion Stan was the type that could gently smile at you, but you still feel nothing but disgust for him.

"I have not had any reason to come to this area, and have only heard stories, but I heard there was someone in the Count's family who was a free spirit and did not seem like a noble."

Venion smiled as he observed Cale. It was a very annoying look, as if he was trying to start something.

"I heard that young master Basen Henituse had been taking part in all of the gatherings of the nobles since last year-."

'Why ask something you already know about?'

Cale was not talented in these kinds of small talk. That was why he smiled brightly and respectfully answered.

"Yes. I am indeed that trash."

Trash. The moment that word personally came out of Cale's mouth, Venion's lackey flinched.

"One of the trashiest of all of the trash probably."

The corner of Venion's mouth started to twist up. His expression seemed to say that he had never seen such a crazy person before, but Cale did not care.

Marquis Stan was someone who was strong enough to lead a faction, but Venion could not do as he pleased with other nobles until he was officially proclaimed as the future successor of the Marquis title.

A Marquis would normally officially proclaim a child as their successor in order to provide protection to that child, as well as have that child start building their network at an early age. However, Marquis Stan had not done that yet.

'There are still three other children.'

Venion had two younger sisters and one younger brother. The Marquis enjoyed watching the competition between the siblings. Venion enjoyed watching the Black Dragon being tortured in order to destress from the competition with his siblings. The Marquis considered the competition between his children to be like an exciting sport. Naturally, the crippled eldest son was the result of this competition.

It was a completely crazy household.

'Our Henituse family is an extremely great family in comparison.'