Preface

1990

Johnny Depp rushed into the hospital his mind all over the palce not really believing he was finally becoming a father. As he runs into the recovery ward he sees Winona holding their first child in her arms with a wide smile on her face. 

Johnny smiles as he walks slowly over to them hugging a large brown toy bear in his arms which he puts down onto a chair in a daze as he kisses Winona never once taking his eyes away from the child-their child that she is holding in her arms.

"I am so sorry I was not here" he mutters is Winona who looks at him as he sits down beside her on the hospital bed. She shakes her head with a smile as she looks back down at the baby in her arms with a bright smile.

"You were in Hollywood, I am amazed you got here in the time that you did" Winona soothes the father of her child as she continues to smile down at the newborn baby in her arms. " have not named her yet, I wanted to wait for you, I did have an idea though"

"Oh?" Johnny looks at Winona who smiles up at him quickly before looking back down at their daughter. "What is it?"

"Scarlett." Winona whispers scared to wake the child in her arms who yawns as she moves her head in the blanket.

"I like that... I like that a lot. Scarlett Lily Depp-Horowitz. That is a powerful name and she is going to be very powerful, I know it." Winona chuckles as she smiles stroking Scarlett's cheek lovingly.

"She will be powerful over us anyway, she will control us and we will have no idea how it even happened," Winona and Johnny chuckle at her words knowing she spoke the truth.