04.

HE was fine. black and blonde split dye locs, face tattoos and a pretty smile. he had a thick silver chain around his neck. vea watched him as we spoke to her brother, her chin on her hand.

she was snapped out of whatever trance she was in by kyla tapping her. "did you hear me?"

vea shook her head. "i'm sorry, uh what'd you say?"

"i asked if you would come with me to the bathroom, it's right there." she said pointedly and vea nodded.

they both left and kyla pulled vea into the very big bathroom– considering it was a guest bathroom.

"why are you staring at jahseh like that?" kyla asked with a knowing smirk on her face.

vea wanted to lie, she really did. but kyla had known her since she was 5, she knew vea like the back of her hand. she'd seen vea have plenty of crushes and she'd definitely seen that exact look she was giving jahseh.

"he's so fine kyla."

kyla laughed, and i mean really laughed. "i would have never though you would see jahseh like that." she crouched down, holding her knees.

"it's not that bizarre," vea mumbled.

"not that bizarre? girl i've never seen you gaga-eyed for a black man before!"

vea did have a known thing for non poc partners. all of her boyfriends were not black– or any person of color, really. but that was only because the black boys in her city didn't like black girls, and she didn't want to date outside of the city. she barely dated anyway.

"i know," she sighed. "but look at him..."

kyla laughed again. "girl i know. you know how long i've been listening to both of them?"
"we need to go back out there before tyla makes a fool of herself or all of us." vea said, opening the bathroom door. she bumped into someone, not paying attention to where she was going.

"my bad." it was jahseh.

"n-nah you're good." vea said, stepping back a little.

"i was coming to check on you, you seemed a little out of it earlier." he said.

"i'm okay, x, thank you." she mumbled, stepping around him to go back to the living room. the three of them sat in their same seats, only this time a little more relaxed.

SHE was fine as hell. long boxbraids, pretty brownskin with big pretty lips and big brown eyes. long natural eyelashes and a pretty smile.

jahseh could feel vea watching him. it didn't make him uncomfortable at all, it actually turned him on. she would be the forbidden fruit, ski wouldn't go for him trying to fuck on his sister.

"did you hear me?" he heard her friend ask. all of their attention snapped to her, although his was on her the whole time.

she shook her head, looking away from jahseh, her attention on kyla. "i'm sorry, what'd you say?"

her voice was beautiful. so soft and somehow melodic. she had a slight jamaican accent but it wasn't too noticeable. if you didn't know ski was jamaican, you wouldn't be able to tell.

he watched them walk away to the bathroom. she had on a dress and he could see the outline of her curves. her ass wasn't too big but it was enough to grab on and her hips wide with a small waist.

"jah," ski said, pulling his attention.

jahseh looked at his best friend, eyebrow raised in question. "what you think of my sister?"

"she cool." he said smoothly. he was very aware of her other friend in the room but he really didn't pay her any attention as she was just looking down at her phone.

"i know what you're thinking, jah," ski said quietly to him.

jahseh nodded, glad they were on the same page. "i want her."

"don't play with her. she's special."

green light.

tylaboo💓: jahseh been looking at vea all day 🤣

kylagirll💘: u picked up on that too!!!
kylagirll💘: vea get yo mannnn!!!!

me: hush y'all
me: he ain't looking at me

tylaboo💓: i knew u were oblivious but not that damn oblivious vea
tylaboo💓: go talk to him!

kylagirll💘: finna just tell him to come over here and talk to your lil shy ass
kylagirll💘: you said he's fine

me: i wouldn't know what to say y'all

tylaboo💓: and he obviously want u
tylaboo💓: better figure out what to say 😂 he coming over here

vea looked up from her phone just as jahseh was sitting down beside her. they had all been outside sitting around the pool since about 1:00, it was 3.

"you good?" jahseh asked.

vea nodded. "yeah."

"how old are you?" jahseh asked, looking ahead.

"18," she asnwered. "you?"

"19," he answered like she did. "you're two years younger than ski."

vea nodded again. "yeah."

"you don't talk much? or i just make you nervous?" he asked, his head slightly tilted.

vea giggled. giggled!
"i'm just a little shy is all."

jahseh nodded. "it's all good, we'll get you out of that."

edited 846 words.