02.

VEA rubbed her eyes reaching for her phone that was on her nightstand. it had been a little over two weeks since she had reached out to stokeley and things were going great. they would text every day, and facetime every now and again.

"wake up ky." she mumbled, nudging the girl with her foot. she heard the shower running so tyla was already awake. kyla, not being a morning person at all, stuck up her middle finger and vea laughed as she walked down the stairs.

"good morning sweetness," her mom greeted her. vea smiled and kissed her mom's cheek. "just two more weeks now, right?"

vea nodded, grabbing three coffee cups and pouring some out for her and her friends. "i'm nervous. but stokeley has been extremely nice."

it was her mother's turn to nod. "he's always seemed like a nice kid. don't go down there and get into any mess though. i've heard that boy has a criminal record."

vea shook her head, she didn't want to have the conversation anymore. "i don't want to know anything about him that he hasn't told me himself." she mumbled, just as the twins walked down the stairs.

"i booked the air bnb," tyla said. "everything is paid for. i'm so excited!"

"me too." kyla said.

"i am too y'all. this trip will definitely be one for the books." vea said with a smile. her phone vibrated and she picked it up, it was a text message from stokeley.

stokeley🔥.: have a good day vro

she just hearted the message before going back to her coffee.

THE two weeks seemed to pass very quickly. vea went on about her normal things; working and taking care of her cat. she was actually quite sad she couldn't take the calico with her to miami.

she was sitting in the middle of the floor, organizing her suitcase. she packed more outfits than she knew she needed because it's miami and she knew her friends. they'd definitely want to go out and do way more than just go to the beach.

kylagirll💘: flight leaves at 9am tomorrow
kylagirll💘: we'll be there at 5, yk how security n shit goes

me: heard. i just finished packing!!
read 12:37am.

as soon as she sent the text, she got in the bed. if they were coming to get her at 5, she would have to be awake at 4 in order to be ready.

vea's alarm went off and she sat up, rubbing her eyes. she got dressed in her airport clothes; tights, a black hoodie and crocs. she left her bonnet on since she'd probably sleep on the plane anyway. the girls had all gotten their hair done they day before they left so it'd be fresh. the twins got 40 inch wig installs and vea got 40 inch box braids. she normally got box braids but she got them a little longer for this trip.

right on time, kyla pulled up and sent vea an 'outside' text. vea kissed her mom's forehead before leaving the house and locking the door.

"miami bound bitches!!" kyla yelled as vea got in the car. they all cheered and played loud music on the way to the airport.

getting through security was relatively easy, it was nothing like they thought it'd be. they got done with that and sat down, waiting for the flight to be called.

AS vea thought she would, she slept on the plane. they all did. as soon as safety procedures had been gone over, the girls were out.

the flight landed in miami and they were awestruck. it was so pretty, even at the airport.

"you know what they say about bitches coming to miami," kyla mumbled. "vea don't you switch up on us."

vea laughed. "i could never, you know that shit don't apply to us."

vea met the twins when she was in kindergarten. they were first graders, but they're not that much older than her. they played outside together one time and they were instant best friends.
of course, like any friendship, they had their falling outs. kyla would get mad at vea, vea would get mad at tyla, tyla would get mad at kyla, and it would all be better with a few days of distance.

kyla got an uber and they went to their airbnb which was a really nice beach house. vea took her phone off of airplane mode and texted her brother to let him know she had touched down.

me: i'm in miami 🏖!!!

stokeley🔥: glad u made it safely
stokeley🔥: i can come up there tomorrow
stokeley🔥: or i could have someone come get u and your friends

me: let's do that
me: but not tomorrow, how about tuesday
me: i wanna give the girls a chance to enjoy miami lol

stokeley🔥: bet
stokeley🔥: see you tuesday lil one

edited 814 words.