"Sorry, she can get a bit violent when she's nervous," Max interrupted, laying a hand on her shoulder in greeting. He ignored the protests and punch in the ribs that he was met with, letting Scott take over the conversation. For some reason, his cousin was quite good at persuading people. Maybe it was the alpha instincts in him or maybe it was just how good he was with people.

"It's about his son," Scott said, trying to highlight the urgency in his tone and the desperation in his eyes. It seemed to work when the deputy nodded, disappearing down the corridor.

It fell quiet, the four of them not even daring to breathe. The faint sound of phones ringing echoed throughout the room, bouncing off the walls. No one knew how they were going to break the news to Stilinski.

"What's happened to Stiles?" Noah immediately asked, his brows furrowed in concern as he rounded the corner.

Jade and Isaac took a seat outside of Noah's office, deciding that they shouldn't overcrowd him when he found out. She racked her brain, trying to come up with something they could do to help. Noticing a box of oreos sitting on the desk beside Parrish, she dragged her chair across the floor, wincing when it made a loud scraping noise across the floor boards. Food always helped her think. And if that didn't work, at least it distracted her, so it was a win-win situation in her opinion.

He looked up from the files he had been searching through, raising a brow. The girl was sitting beside him with her knees up to her chest and was after stealing his box of oreos, munching away on them as they sat on her lap. "I'll buy you another box," she grumbled, covering her mouth with her spare hand.

Throwing an oreo to Isaac, she clapped loudly when he caught it in his mouth. Turning to Parrish, he shook his head, warning her not to try it. But when did she ever listen to adults? Like, seriously. Give her one example. Her and the werewolf cheered when he caught it in his mouth, still shaking his head but not being successful in hiding a small smile. God, it was 6am and here he was eating oreos with two teenagers. And they said being a cop was a dangerous, exciting job.

Gasping quietly, she threw the half eaten box onto the desk, throwing open the door to the sheriff's office. "I think I have an idea."

"What is it?" Noah asked hopefully, trying to ignore the stinging of tears in his eyes, making his vision blurry.

"I think I can get into Stiles' head and see where he is. But the problem is that it'll only work if I can recognise where it is. It's hard to explain what I'll do, but it should work. I'll need an emotional connection, Scott, so you need to help."

Everything began to swing into full motion, a silent buzzing ringing in her ears as she finally felt as if they could get somewhere with this.

Isaac pulled down the blinds so that no one would be able to see what they were going to do. Scott placed his motorbike helmet on the floor, as he threw nine candles into Jade's arms while Max gave her another nine. They'd actually been surprisingly fast at getting home and back with all of her supplies.

This was going to take a lot of willpower- and a lot of magic.

"Have you done this before?" Noah stood with his hands on his hips, panting after moving all of the furniture to the outskirts of the room. They'd already got an APB out on Stiles' jeep while they were waiting. He couldn't deny that he was nervous about their plan, even though he still didn't fully get what was meant to happen. But it was the only plan they had right now, and he'd take that risk if it meant knowing his son was okay. Stiles was all he had left, the only living reminder of his late wife, Claudia. He couldn't lose him. He just- he couldn't.

"Once before. It worked, but I did pass out for like three days. That was probably because I was only ten, though. It'll be fine," she nodded, trying to reassure herself as well as Noah, brushing off the panicked looks from everyone.