#10 - Damage Control

Start from the beginning

'Eliza,' Alexa says, quelling her wrath. He brought him? She steps closer to her protegee, 'Are you hurt anywhere?' She shakes her head, 'No, just a mild headache.' Her dad stares down at his shoes. She's beginning to remember, that's why. 'And this must be the boy who stumbled into this place,' The chief technician says, looking at a jittery Jason. The physician lifts his head, 'How did you know-'

'Mark told us when you wouldn't pick up our calls,' Nathan answers. He eyes his friend's black attire. 'Why are you wearing this?' She glances at the black clad physician and then at the young guest, 'My name's Alexa, and he's Nathan,' she points to the middle-aged man beside her. 'You will be staying here with us until you fully recover.' Jason nods with a weak smile. How did Carrie...How did they save Carrie? His sister's hand slipping from his own flashes in his mind. I saw her fall to- 'We need to meet someone,' Tom chimes in. 'If you don't mind.'

'Whom do you want to meet?' The elementalist asks, stepping forward. 'Don't worry,' He replies. 'She's not a resident of this place.' The chief technician shifts her gaze to the physician. He knows? Her friend exhales sharply, 'Jason, come with me.'

'Nathan,' She says, feigning recollection as Anthony walks past her. 'I received a notification when you were-'

'Both of you should come,' The physician says, turning back. He resumes his treading when he sees the elementalist stagger. Eliza glances at a bemused Nathan as she walks past him. That's what I felt too when I found out about Carrie. Her uncle joins her as she heads out of the hallway. 'I'll explain,' Alexa says, looking at her flummoxed friend. 'Of course, you will,' He replies and storms away. All this wouldn't have happened if he had just explained this to everyone. The technician sighs and follows the receding group.

...

'When she was on the edge of the high-rise building,' Anthony explains as he enters a dimly-lit hallway. 'I had secured a safety net that covered the entire frontage. So when she fell, she landed on the net.' Jason heeds to every word the physician says as he walks beside him. 'She had a seizure when we retrieved her,' He continues. 'The cause was that she was highly sedated.'

'She didn't do drugs,' He replies. His sister's appearance flashes in his mind. 'But her eyes were orange.'

'She was under a heavy illusion,' Anthony says. 'Did she listen to you that night?' The guardian shakes his head, 'No. Wait, you knew I was there?'

'It will be all over after this, right?' Eliza whispers to Tom as they enter the hallway. 'Hopefully,' he replies with a weak smile. The uneasy uncle-niece duo watch the physician explain the patient's condition to the guardian. 'So when do you think she'll wake up?' he says as they reach room 16. 'I can't tell,' He replies. 'I'm sorry.'

'No, thank you,' he says, his eyes gleaming with tears. 'I don't have words to describe how grateful I am to you for saving Carrie.' He exhales slowly, 'Thank you, Dr. Banks.' The physician nods, 'This is her room.' He flits his gaze to the adjacent door. 'But first, you'll have to wear a protection suit before you enter.' He guides him to the changing room.

Anthony comes out of the room and inclines on the door, glancing at his daughter, 'If you want to come in, you'll also have to wear the suit.'

'First, let him meet his sister in private,' she replies. 'I'll check on her later.' He nods and enters the changing room. Why did she have to do that then?

Buzz!

The technician widens her eyes when she hears static through her earpiece. No way. She taps her earpiece in anticipation, 'Amelia wants you to meet her in Room 8.' The voice announces. 'Jessie!' She exclaims, startling Tom. 'I thought I lost you.'