Sirius wanted revenge he realised. He'd wanted it for many, many years. Once he realised Peter Pettigrew was alive..that hunger came back to life. Now his son was dead, he had a few people to harm. He could feel the familiar haze of insanity creeping into his mind, the same feeling he had after he lost James Potter but this time, it was darker.. more urgent and as the vacant crooked grin spread on his lips.. he knew what he had to do.

Phoenix poured over the pile of books spread across his bed, he flipped through them aimlessly. He had yet to find anything that would actually help in fixing the Vanishing Cabinets. He was growing frustrated, he wanted to help his cousin but the task at hand was quite literally impossible. They were children, how on Earth were they supposed to do something so complex?

Ron and Harry barged into the bedroom, laughing with each-other rather obnoxiously. They very quickly silenced themselves when their eyes fell upon Phoenix, they exchanged glances,neither of them knowing what to do or say.  It had always been the three boys and Hermione Granger, now it had all changed. The foursome was down to a trio and it didn't quite feel the same.

"Hey." Harry mumbled quietly, his eyes staring intently as Phoenix.

Phoenix continued to flip through the pages of his book, ignoring Harry entirely and Harry felt his heart drop. Phoenix was breaking his heart, it hurt being apart from him but being near him was worse. He couldn't have Phoenix in the way he wanted because he took too long to figure it out. Phoenix had moved on to Theodore Nott of all people, the idea alone made Harry want to hurl. He took a few more seconds to watch as Phoenix flipped through the books, his hair falling across his face as the moonlight shined through the bedroom window onto the pages.

Ron watched awkwardly as Harry left the room, instead of following he stepped closer to Phoenix and sighed loudly.  Phoenix stared at him with an irritated expression, his eyebrow raised as his former friend.

"You don't have to take it out on us mate." Ron says bluntly, "We both still care about you and we know you're hurting- we know how it feel-"

"No you don't." Phoenix interrupts, slamming the book he was scanning closed, "You have no idea. Your siblings are all alive and well."

"Harry lost his parents-"

Phoenix scoffed, "He was a baby, he hardly remembers them! He doesn't know them like I knew Zion! It's hardly the same fucking thing."

"Alright." Ron mutters, "We're still your friends. Even if you don't like us at the moment, even if you want to waste time with tossers like Malfoy."

"Draco is my cousin." Phoenix shrugs, "He's the only one who gets it."

Ron rolls his eyes, "He's an arrogant good for nothing death eater. Death eaters are the reason Zion is dead, remember?"

"That honour falls on Potter." Phoenix spits, a nastier tone on his tongue as he says Harry's last name.

Ron blinks, he'd never heard Phoenix call Harry by his surname before. He stares at his friend, the concern filling his face with obvious worry. He'd spent so much time with Malfoy he'd started to act like him, believing Harry was responsible for the death of Zion was absurd. Ron found he was actually quite speechless for a change, he couldn't muster up the courage to defend Harry because the look of hatred on Phoenixes face told him everything. Phoenix really did believe it was Harry's fault.

Once he left the bedroom, he saw Harry sat on the steps leading downstairs, it was obvious from the way his shoulders slumped, the way he shook gently as tears streamed down his cheeks that he had heard everything. The boy he loved, blamed him and hated him. Harry wasn't mad about that though, because he believed it was his fault too.