"I don't recall telling anybody, especially you, about my quirk."

"Of course you don't remember," Hawks said, averting his gaze up at you again, the faint smile now gone. "You altered your memories."

"That's not impossible. I can only alter the memories of other people."

"I thought so too," he trailed off, a look of defeat on his face yet he's trying so hard to mask it with the upturn of his lips. "Until now. And as it turns out, it's possible. Because you don't remember us."

"Us?" you asked with a scoff. "There is no us, I'm not your wife. Maybe you've mistaken me for someone else and this conversation is not getting anywhere so if you'll excuse me."

You walked past him, heading to the door as you felt your head slightly throb but it's still bearable. You were about to open the door when you heard Hawks speak again. This time he let out two names that made you stop abruptly for some reason.

"Keishi and Keita," Hawks said, turning around to look at you even though your back is turned on him. "Don't you want to see them?"

"I've never heard those names before."

"Those are the names of our sons."

The slight throb of your head earlier started to annoy you now as you felt your head throbbing again. You close your eyes tightly and shake your head, trying to get rid of a possible headache this early in the morning.

"You named them," Hawks continued. But before he could say anything else you turned around and took a few steps towards him, eyes glaring as you looked at him.

"Will you shut the hell up?" you said through gritted teeth, your head starting to ache now as you closed your eyes again for a second before opening them and looking back at Hawks. "I don't have a husband. And I don't have children. Do you know how much I hate children? Those annoying little hyperactive brats who think–"

You heard Hawks chuckled lowly as you stopped, your eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

"I know," he said. "You told me the exact same thing before. How you hate children, those annoying little hyperactive brats who think crying and yelling will solve everything."

You were about to say just that, before you were cut off when you heard him chuckling. And that surprised you a bit, although not much as much as it should.

"But when we got married you said you really wanted children. If they look like you and me then you can tolerate them. And when our twins were born you said you were the happiest mother in the world. You said it's alright if they're hyperactive, if they cry or yell a lot. As long as they grow up healthy and happy."

Hawks watched your expression changing. From looking confused and annoyed, your expression changed. And he thought for a second, maybe you remembered something. Maybe a certain memory made sense.

But it was a short-lived thought until you spoke.

"I still hate kids. And you're not making any sense to me."

You turned around and headed to the door again. This time you didn't hear Hawks say anything as you opened the door and walked outside and down the stairs into the spacious living room.

You thought he'd just let you go like that, after calling you his wife multiple times, saying how you have children with him and many more things that didn't make an actual sense to you, you thought it would be easy to leave after that until you heard him call your name and you swore under your breath in annoyance.