𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐀𝐏𝐄 𝐇𝐈𝐌 → 𝐒𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐆𝐄 + 𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐂 ✨ 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝟐 ✨

Start from the beginning

She was mostly surprised he hadn't found her yet, but the daunting sensation that seemed to be a monstrous shade of the inevitable conclusion felt like weight that restrained her shoulders as it pressed to them in a manner she couldn't shake from.

But (Y/n) kept that unnerving prediction in the back of her mind, deeply sighing whilst taking a sip of her drink symbolizing the warmth of a glorious summer day as Sonic slouched beside her.

He allowed his quills that seemed to have been painted in the same mesmerising shade as the walls to press themselves upwards from his head's impact to the bed. A gloved hand held itself between them with a massaging motion, emerald orbs locked to the ceiling with his other hand tossed beside his body that slid subtly down the mattress close to (Y/n)'s feet.

"And then it became this hideous water creature! But I took him down in a second!" Sonic cried with achievement sparkling in his voice like the adrenaline in his eyes from the adventurous story, turning to (Y/n) with a proud grin.

"Wow!" She replied with a chuckle, finishing her drink as the soothing warmth slipped down and tenderly touched her throat for a final time.

"Yeah! I know right!?" Sonic exclaimed, gloved hands reaching for the stars he knew he could reach before slamming to the mattress simultaneously, his feet embedded in crimson shoes bouncing to the carpeted floor at the heel.

"It sounds amazing..." (Y/n) sighed, fingers of her hands interlocking with one another and pressing against the wooden structure of the bed that spread above her head, leaning towards it as Sonic rose to a seated position.

"I wish I could have had a life like yours." (Y/n) admitted, orbs shimmering in disappointment interlocking with Sonic's that glistened with interest to the words that were undeniable to follow.

She took another sigh as deep as the shade of blue that decorated Sonic's quills spiking from the back of his head that tipped sideways in curiosity.

"Ever since dating my boyfriend I've been... trapped? He never let me do anything other than go to work, and whenever I did go anywhere else he'd practically stalk me." (Y/n) admitted, like she'd suddenly found the key to unlock her concealed emotions in more detail than she'd ever spoken them to anyone before.

Sonic nodded, providing her with the sweetest frown of concern that always enlightened her heart with the generosity he illuminated the room with like how the sunlight crawled between the curtains and made it beat as fast he claimed to be able to run.

"But... thanks again for letting me stay... this really means a lot to me..." (Y/n) continued, anxiously twiddling her fingers to her lap that her anxious eyes examined the uneasy movement of.

Sonic gave a chuckle that (Y/n) was pretty sure made her heart freeze. He reached over until his fingers became submerged into the strands of (h/c) hair that faded from her forehead, ruffling it playfully until rising from the bed.

(Y/n) released a giggle through the unnoticeable amount of tears her eyes couldn't help but shed from the emotion of the past week overflowing like a tank of water. All this sudden kindness had plummeted underneath with a strengthened splash.

However, midway through a step to the door left ajar, Sonic felt a rumble to the floor. (Y/n) heard it too, the ground where the bed she made comfort of shuddering at the wooden legs pinned into the carpet.

It was like a ripple of unexpected motion. An earthquake hitting the house as it cracked across the rural land below. A shake from the blazing core of the Earth vibrating to its unaware surface. A tremble that felt that if it became any stronger it would transform the house into rubble.