Chapter 6

"Ugh, Jesus". Shane mumbles under his breathe.

Everyone including myself lowers their weapons.

"Son of a bitch"! The rednecks raspy voice calls out in anger and frustration.

He starts to walk over to to the chewed up deer, "That's my deer"!

"Look at it all mauled on by this filthy, disease baring, motherless poxy bastard"! While the angry redneck is yelling all these insults to the freaks body he is also kicking the shit out of it.

"Calm down son, that's not helping". Dale says softly, trying to calm down the pissed off redneck.

Daryl starts to get in Dales face but I put my hand in between the two men.

"What do you know old man"! Daryl yells, shoving my hand away.

Daryl let's out a frustrated sigh.

"I've been tracking this god damn deer for miles". Daryl says while pulling out the three arrows from the deer's body.

Everyone's eyes are on the redneck, so are mine but not in a bad way, I can't help but think about how attractive he is, he has amazing blue eyes.

What the hell is wrong with me, this guy would probably kill me is he knew I was checking him out.

"What do you think, we could cut around the chewed up part"? Daryl asks to no one in particular.

"No I would not want to risk that". I answer his stupid ass question.

"That's a damn shame, I got some squirrel 'bout a dozen or so".

Just then the freaks eyes fly open, and it's mouth is opening and closing.

Daryl loads his crossbow, and shoots the freak in the eye.

"It gots to be the brain, don't y'all people know nothing". His words are full of disgust.

The redneck goes over and puts his foot on the freaks forehead and then grabs the arrow out of the freaks eye.

He then walks off to camp, I can see Rick's eyes trained on him the whole time.

Shits about to go down.

The redneck starts to approach the RV, with me, Shane, Rick, Glenn, Dale and T-dog silently following close behind him.

"Merle"! Daryl's voice calls out.

"Merle get your ugly ass out here"!

Shane puts his gun in his jeep, and then nods to Rick.

"Hey Daryl, slow down I need to talk to you". Shane calls to Daryl.

Daryl turns to face Shane, who is walking over to him.

"Bout what"? Daryl asks.

Here it is, Daryl's gonna flip.

"About Merle". Shane says, with no emotion in his voice.

"He dead"?

"Not sure".

"He either is or he ain't",! Daryl's voice is heavy with anger.

Most of the group is gathering around, but keeping a safe distance away from the two men.

I still have my gun in my hand, while standing close by Glenn, watching the fight unfold.

"There's no easy way to say this, so I'll just say it". Rick is walking over to Shane and Daryl, his voice is full of confidence.

"Who are you"? Daryl questions.

"Rick Grimes".

"Rick Grimes, you got something you wanna tell me"!

"Your brother was a danger to us all, so I hand cuffed him to a piece of metal on the roof we were at, he's still there".

I can see that Daryl didn't take that well, and for a moment I know how he feels when someone you care about is ripped from your heart.

"Let me process this, you mean to tell me you hand cuffed my brother to a roof and you left him there"!

"Yeah".

Daryl throws his squirrels at Rick, but he easily dodges them.

He then lunges for Rick, but before he can do any kind of damage Shane comes running and knocks the angry redneck out of the way.

Daryl is now on the ground with his knife in hand.

Time to save the day.

I sneak up behind Daryl and hit him in the back of the head with the bud of my gun.

Everyone's eyes are on me.

"What was that"? Shane asks me.

"Thought you guys needed the help".

"Ya whatever, Rick, T-dog help me carry Daryl to the RV".

I turn away from the campers stares to look at Glenn.

He has the biggest smile on his face.

"What's so amusing"? I ask him.

"You just knocked out a Dixon"!