Chapter 4

When I open my eyes I see that I am in a very stuffy RV. I have no idea how I got here, but I am guessing that I am here with Glenn. I hope everyone is alright.

I walk out of the RV and see a bunch of unfamiliar faces. Some glare some smile. I try to find someone I know and I see Glenn standing in a corner talking to a old man with a fishing hat on.

How the hell did I get here?

Then I see Rick and he sees me and smiles. He turns to his right a gives a quick kiss to a scrawny looking women with long brown hair and high cheekbones.

He then makes his way over to me.

"Hey your a awake"!

"Um....yup".

He chuckles softly and says "You were out cold T-dog had to carry you most of the time, this is Glenns group. I found my wife and kid".

"That's great... Um who's T-dog".

"T-dog come here a second"!

A black guy drops a pile of fire wood and makes his way over to me and Rick.

I now remember him, he was the one that got in a fight with the redneck.

Rick turns and leaves, leaving us to talk.

"I'm T-dog".

I smile and say "Names Claire".

"You know you look light for your size but you are pretty heavy".

I can't help but laugh, T-dog seems like a nice guy.

For the rest of the day I get to meet the rest of the group, I mostly just talked with Glenn, Rick, Carl, T-dog, and Dale. Carl is Rick's son and Dale is a older man that wears the little fishing hat, he seemed nice enough.

****************************

It's pretty dark now and I'm sitting around a fire with a few people from the group, Amy, Andreas sister suggests that I tell them a little bit about my self.

I don't really want to but Dale gives me an encouraging smile and I decide to tell them.

"Well I'm Claire Brooke's, I am 32, I had two jobs before the world turned to shit, I was a waitress and a dog walker. Um I only had two jobs to keep the food on the table for my baby boy Tommy. He was 4 when he died, he got bit and I had to be the one to put a bullet through his head".

I hear Amy and Lori gasp at my choice of words.

"So you were alone after that, in the city"? Carl asks me with curiosity in this voice.

"Yups all alone".

I sigh.

Carl sits up and put his hand on my shoulder, I flinch at the sudden touch.

"Your not alone anymore".

I smile and he releases my shoulder and lays back down on his dads chest.

Then Rick tells us his story, how he woke up from a coma and stayed with a man named Morgan and his son and how he thought he was stuck in some sick dream.

I wish this was a dream.....

After a while the fire dies down and it's pretty quiet and me, Rick, Lori, Carl, Andrea, Amy, Dale, Shane, and Glenn and just enjoying the peaceful night. Lori is Rick's wife, and Shane is Rick's best friend.

Dale breaks the silence "So what are we gonna tell Daryl"?

Who's Daryl?

"Who's Daryl"? Rick asks the question I was thinking.

"Daryl's, Merle's brother". Andrea mumbles.

I hear Rick sigh.

I totally forgot what happened to that shit head.

"What happened to Merle"? I ask.

"Well it all happened real fast everyone was leaving the building and T-dog went back to uncuff Merle but he dropped the key down a drain". Andrea answers my question.

"So he's just there, on the roof"?

Glenn runs his hand through his black hair, "Probably".

"I think we should just tell Daryl the truth, Merle was out of control and he was gonna get us all killed" Rick says quietly.

"And that what we tell Daryl"? Dale asks, sounding shocked.

"We could lie". Amy suggests.

"Lyings worse" I mumble.

"She's right" Shane says, agreeing with me.

Dale sighs "Well talk about it later when he gets back from his hunt in the morning".

Rick nods in agreement and then stands up, "It's getting late, we should get some rest".

Carl waves at me before walking away with Rick and Lori.

Shane gets up as well and goes to his tent. Dale stands up and dusts off his pants and then walks over to the RV climbing on top of the roof to take first watch.

Glenn mumbles a quick goodnight and then walks away towards the RV, Amy and Andrea soon follow.

I'm left alone. Everyone else is sleeping or taking watch like Dale.

I realize that I don't really have a place to sleep so I lay down next to the fire, my back facing the flames to keep warm. I use my arms as a pillow.

It's not comfortable but it will do.

Soon my eyes close and I fall asleep thinking about Merle and if he's alright, and thinking about Daryl and how he's gonna handle the fact that he's brother got left in the city.