part12 : talk with the kings

-elizabeth POV-

When we reached the house the four guards escorted me inside. Dad had gone to work on the Seattle case, and had gone to the diner to get mine's favorite food.

I heated up my fried chicken tenders with fries and ate in silence. I was grateful to find that he had gotten a slice of strawberry pie, my favorite. I quickly made some hot chocolate and migrated to the living room where the twins sat on the couch. I snuggled in between them I turned on the tv and flicked it over to the mystery and crime channel and ate my pie and drank my cocoa.

After I finished my pie and hot cocoa I felt better. I decided to Skype my mates on my laptop. The twins, Demetri, and Felix decided to browse the tv while I went up to my room and opened my computer, clicking on the Skype icon I dialed Aro's number. He answered after the second ring and the image of Aro being squished between Caius and Marcus.

I put a hand over my mouth and chuckled "If you push the computer back you won't have to be squished together for me to see all three of you. Caius quickly does as told. Aro is the first to speak "How are you cara mia?" I sigh "I'm fine" this makes them all frown and Marcus says "Mia fiore, please tell us the truth...."

-time skip-

The next morning I woke up to the computer screen still on Skype and Marcus was sitting there reading a book. I remembered falling asleep while talking to the kings and my face flushed with heat.

"Marcus......" I whispered, but Marcus heard me and immediately placed a bookmark in his place before turning to me "Good morning, mio fiore, how did you sleep" I averted my eyes still slightly embarrassed that I fell asleep while talking to the kings "I slept well....where are Aro and Caius?" I asked, he replied "They had a trail to attend to, I apologize if you were expecting one of them instead..."

I look back at Marcus and say "No, no, no it's not like that I was just confused about why you were still on call with me and why you were alone. I'm not upset by it or anything, maybe a little embarrassed about falling asleep on you three, but I'm not upset."

Marcus gave me a warm smile that melted my heart "Don't be embarrassed, amour. When you fell asleep none of us wanted you to wake up alone, so I volunteered to stay with you until you wake up" I nodded understandingly.

Before I could say anything else I heard Charlie and Bella start arguing making me sigh. I could already tell that this was going to be an every event "I'm sorry to cut this short Marcus, but I have to get ready for school. I'll Skype you afterwards and we can talk while I do my homework" Marcus replied "As much as I love talking with you, I don't want to distract you from your studies..." I chuckled as I grabbed an outfit for the day "Something that you'll have to learn about me real quick is that I'm excellent when it comes to multitasking....something I'm sure Caius will appreciate later" I mumbled the last part.

Unfortunately vampire hearing is exceptional despite technological interference.

"Who says Caius is the only one who will appreciate your talents in the bedroom?" Marcus asked making me flush and curse myself for saying that out loud. Marcus chuckled and said "We will see you tonight, Piccola volpe(little vixen)" he then hung up while I went to the bathroom to shower before school.