🪶8 - Picked It Up (1)

Start from the beginning

It was because there was a bandage around Ron's neck.

"Are you hurt?"

"...Are you worrying about me?"

"No. It's just annoying to look at."

"It is nothing much. I was just scratched by a cat's claw."

Is a, 'cat,' another reference to an innocent person?

Cale was sure that someone would have had their fated meeting last night. He avoided the gaze of Ron, who was smiling, and headed toward the chamber's window. He needed to move faster because he slept in.'

"Will you be heading out right away?"

"Yes. I'll take care of everything on my own outside."

"I understand. Oh, young master."

Cale let go of the door handle and turned to look at Ron. Ron had an odd smile on his face.

"What do you think about the lemonade?"

"Great. It's delicious."

Ron's voice became an octave lower.

"...Is that so?"

"Yes."

'What kind of question was that?'

Since Ron was someone he could not ignore, Cale just answered the question as nicely as possible while opening the door.

Slam. He then quickly closed it right back.

"...Ron."

Ron approached Cale at his calling and whispered with a smile on his face.

"Young master, were you surprised? Your guest from yesterday is waiting for you outside."

Cale was surprised. Cale had seen Choi Han staring at him as soon as he opened the door, which caused him to close the door in shock. His hand headed to the inner pocket of his shirt. The 10 million gallons in his pocket calmed him down.

Ron gazed toward Cale as he continued to speak.

"I didn't have a chance to tell you because you opened the door right away. I told him to wait comfortably in his room, but he insisted that he needed to see you and waited outside the door."

'Didn't have a chance to tell me my ass.'

Cale could not say anything to this terrible old man who definitely had the chance but chose not to tell him. Cale moved a step away from Ron as he opened the door again.

"What's going on?"

Cale pretended like he never slammed the door as he started to chat with Choi Han. He was paying attention to Choi Han's appearance as he asked.

After taking a shower, fixing his hair, and wearing new clothes, a pure and clean feeling was coming from Choi Han. However, it was difficult to think like that after seeing his eyes.

Choi Han was still in a twisted state. That was why looking at his eyes made Cale feel a bit scared. Choi Han was also staring back at Cale before finally starting to speak.

"Pay you back."

"Huh?"

"I will pay you back for the meal."

Choi Han was speaking formally unlike yesterday. More importantly, Cale started to frown at the words, 'pay you back.'

'Pay me back? Is he trying to make me have a heart attack?'

Who in their right mind would use Choi Han for manual labor? Cale just wanted Choi Han to get out of this city as soon as possible.

Of course, Choi Han would agree to help Cale out if he said it was to pay him back. He was that kind of person. However, Cale didn't have anything he needed from Choi Han.