🪶4 - They Met (1)️

Start from the beginning

Cale picked his fork back up and sliced the meat. Dinner was even fancier than breakfast. It was not delicious because he had never had something like this when he was still Kim Rok Soo, but because it was an extravagant taste, even for the original Cale.

Kim Rok Soo didn't know how Cale grew up, but the original Cale had issues with anything that was not fancy. He liked that fact quite a bit. Everybody knew that was the case and only brought the best of the best.

Cale put a piece of the well-cooked, but still juicy, piece of steak in his mouth as he asked Hans. His attitude was one that said he did not care about etiquettes at all.

"Hans, who made this meal?"

"Ah, it was second chef Beacrox."

...Cale suddenly lost his appetite.

Beacrox. He was clean cut and was the son of the servant Ron. However, unlike his father, he specialized in the way of the sword and not assassinations. Beacrox was also obsessed with cleanliness and sharpened his spotless blade every day, using that same sword to slice the heads of his enemies off their bodies.

'...He also specializes in torture.'

That kind of guy ends up admiring Choi Han's sword skill and chooses to follow him. His father Ron makes a deal with Choi Han to help him, and chooses to leave with the two of them for the sake of his son. Although he may not look like it, Ron cherishes his son quite a bit.

Cale looked down at the medium rare steak that was still slightly pink on the inside and gulped a few times.

'I can't allow my blood to shed like this steak.'

He turned his gaze toward Hans who was still looking at him before cutting another piece of steak and putting it in his mouth.

"It is delicious. He is Ron's son, right? I did not know he was such a talented chef."

"...I will deliver your message to chef Beacrox. I'm sure he will be very happy to know that young master Cale complimented his cooking."

"Is that so? Let him know that I truly enjoyed this delicious meal."

"...Yes, sir."

Hans was looking at Cale with a stiff expression, but Cale had made up his mind. He was not going to mess with Beacrox and would work to make a good impression.

Cale enjoyed the meal once again with a relaxed heart. Everything will be settled once he made Beacrox run into Choi Han and leave the region. Cale had already made what he thought to be a pretty good plan to make that happen.

Just like during breakfast, Cale completely emptied the dishes. He had a satisfied smile on his face as he got up and looked toward Hans.

"Hans, why did you suddenly end up being assigned to me?"

Hans had mentioned before dinner that his father, Deruth, had sent him to personally handle Cale's needs. Although Cale did not know about the situation in Count Henituse's family once Choi Han leaves, Hans was extremely skilled and probably had the best chance of all the deputy butlers in becoming the official butler.

Hans slightly bowed his head and answered the question.

"The Count-nim was concerned after hearing that young master had missed a meal while working in the study and ordered me to make sure that the young master makes sure to eat every meal. As a result, I will be overseeing just the meal-related duties for the young master."

To be specific, Hans was responsible for the meals.

"Is that so? My father did something he didn't need to do. I would eat properly on my own. But I guess I would not have realized it was time for dinner if Hans did not come tell me."