-Ten-

The Blow Up

"I'm serious." Sae shot Rafe a pointed look, as he opened the passenger door for her to step out of his truck. It was Saturday evening, and they'd just arrived at the Country Club.

"Okay, okay, if Kacy says something stupid, I'll hold you back from killing her." Rafe chuckled, shutting the door behind Sae, and taking her hand into his.

Sae rolled her eyes
"You're not funny." She grumbled, absentmindedly leaning into his side as they walked. Something she'd always done, and hadn't realized it'd become a habit.

It was a formal dinner, so everyone had to dress accordingly. Rafe was fit, in a pair of dark slacks, a matching blazer, and a off white button up shirt. His hair gelled back as usual.
Sae, decided to straighten her hair, pulling half up into a claw clip. Wearing a dark colored maxi dress, that reached down to her ankles. It hugged her curves, and accentuated her figure. Rafe had made sure to comment on it as soon as he picked her up.

"Look, if she says something that pisses you off, just— just squeeze my knee or something?" Rafe tried to reason, knowing fully well how his girlfriend's patience thinned with Kacy.

"And then what, you'll jump her?" Sae was being sarcastic, but she honestly didn't want to attend the dinner. Having spent the last few days mulling over how to break things off with the one guy who tried his best to ease her temper.

"I'll change conversation." He countered, leaning downwards slightly. Sae rolled her eyes, hugging herself to his arm as they entered the club.
Rafe informed the host that they were meeting a group, so they were allowed in promptly.

Ethan, Kacy, and Topper were sat at a table near the bar. Topper looking less than thrilled himself. Which amused Sae, considering this was all his idea.
His eyes quickly spotting the couple as they approached. He abruptly stood, pulling the chair next to him out.

"Hey, y'all made it— thank God." Topper made sure to whisper the last bit so only Sae could hear. Causing her to stifle a laugh.
Sae ended up in between Rafe and Topper. With Ethan on Rafe's other side, and Kacy next to Topper.

"Sup man." Ethan and Rafe exchanged some type of bro shake that Sae didn't understand.

"Sae, I love your dress, it's so form fitting." Kacy was quick to speak up.

Sae's eyes sharpened in a glare at the girl across from her. Kacy was way thinner than Sae. Wearing a pastel colored dress that was also form fitting to her slim body.

Sae knew what she looked like, and she loved her body, even if she was considered 'bigger'. She stopped caring what others thought of her back in middle school. Plus, she'd had plenty of guys tell her how beautiful she was, and how they loved her body as well.
But the fact that Kacy seemed inclined to comment on it, really put Sae off.

"Your hair looks nice." Was Sae's bland reply, not bothering to add any sugar to her tone. Instead sipping from her water, sending Rafe a pointed look. One he had to keep from smiling at.
Rafe nodded, leaning back in his seat, and extending his arm over the back of Sae's.

"Oh thank you, I hired a stylist." Kacy gushed, patting her over the top up do. Turning to give Ethan a toothy grin. One, the boy merely raised his brows to,  before focusing back to his & Rafes conversation.

A stylist?
Sae thought to herself.
This is just a friendly dinner? That's so over the top.

Topper leaned closer to Sae.
"You look beautiful." He complimented.