She squeezed her eyes shut as she pressed send. Flipping her phone over on her lap so she couldn't see the screen. What would he think of her wanting to hang out!?
Her phone chimed once more, and she paused.
This is going to be him, telling her he has to work today.
Or, that he's just not interested.
Or perhaps, he's already made plans with his little crew.
She flipped her phone over.

Aw 🥺

Sae's features dropped at his blatant sarcasm. She rolled her eyes, before typing again.

Is it a yes or no smartass?
I'll pay.
She waited once more, watching as the three dots appeared, telling her he was typing.

What will we be doing exactly?
He questioned, although he'd already begun getting dressed. And was out the door by the time she replied.

Well we were supposed to find dresses for midsummers. But they just texted & told me they weren't coming. & I'm not one to bail on a trip to the mainland.

So I have to go dress shopping with you:/

I mean, you don't have to... but I really don't want to make the trip by myself.

As long as ur buying lunch i don't care what we do.

Sae scoffed, telling him where to find her. Then she tucked her phone away in her bag. The mist was beginning to clear, allowing the sun to shine through. She wasn't prepared to shrug off her sweater just yet. So, she stood, making her way to the ticket booth. And purchased two round trip tickets for her, and JJ.
She wasn't sure how long it would take him to arrive, so she chose to walk down the pier. Enjoying the morning breeze that was just beginning to warm up. The waves were steadier, and birds were covering the beach. Taking advantage of the lack of tourists.
Sae watched as boats began to leave the port for the day.

Almost twenty minutes had passed, as she walked up & down the pier.
The mist was almost cleared out, and the beaches were beginning to fill up with people. Lines were forming for the ferry.
Her phone chimed.

I'm here.

Sae's gaze moved back towards the dock. There were more people now, so she had to wade her way through them. Her eyes scanning for the blond boy.

"Hey."
Sae swiftly turned towards the voice behind her. There JJ stood with a smile, and two to-go cups in hand. He wore a worn out grey t-shirt, a pair of cargo shorts, and his work boots. Topping it all off with a backwards hat.

"Hey, sorry I got distracted." She waved back towards the pier, releasing an awkward laugh.

"I wasn't sure if you were a coffee person?" He held out one of the cups towards her.

"I am, thank you." She accepted it. Just as she'd taken the beverage from him, He began fumbling around in his pocket. She watched as he pulled out a handful of sugar, and cream packets. Her eyes moved to meet his, he seemed more unsure of himself now. So she gave him a reassuring smile, taking two creams, and a sugar from him.

"Thanks." She sat her cup onto the railing, beginning to mix her additives.

"No problem, it was on the way." He shrugged, leaning up against the railing beside her. The ferry was beginning to fill up, with people still loading.

"I already got us tickets, so..." she motioned towards the line.

"Oh, yeah." He nodded, following behind her to join the boarding line. He stood directly behind her, glancing around at all the others. Trying to see if he recognized anyone. Anyone that would potentially tell his friends about this little venture.