Chapter 28: Dear Billy

NO ONE'S POV:

(Robin & Nancy join them at the school.)

Max: It was right here. Right here.

Nancy: A grandfather clock?

Max: It was so real. And then, when I got closer, suddenly I just...I woke up.

(Dustin, Steve, & Y/N are shown shaking her to wake her up.)

Dustin: It was like she was in a trance or something. Exactly what Eddie said happened to Chrissy.

(She turns to face them.)

Max: That's not even the bad part.

(Cut to the back in Mrs. Kelley's office.)

Max: Fred and Chrissy, they both came to Miss Kelley for help. Uh, they both were having headaches, bad headaches that wouldn't go away. And then...then the nightmares. Trouble sleeping. They'd wake up in a cold sweat. Then they started seeing things. Bad things. From their pasts. These visions, they just...they kept on getting worse and worse, until eventually...everything ended.

Robin: Vecna's curse.

Max: Chrissy's headache started a week ago. Fred's, six days ago. I've been having them for five days.

(Everyone looks concerned.)

Max: I don't know how long I have. All I know is that, for Fred and Chrissy, they both died less than 24 hours after their first vision. And I just saw that goddamn clock, so...looks like I'm gonna die tomorrow.

*DISTANT CLANG*

Steve: Stay here. (Y/N), with me.

(He picks up a lamp.)

(Y/N): A lamp?

Steve: I'm sorry I don't have claws like you do.

(Y/N): All right, all right. I wasn't judging.

(They lead the way down the hallway as everyone else follow them, eventually they run into Lucas.)

All: [yelling]

Lucas: It's me!

Max: Lucas?

Lucas: It's me.

Steve: Jesus, what's wrong with you, Sinclair?

Lucas: I'm sorry.

(Y/N): I could've ripped your face off!

Steve: I could've taken you out with this lamp!

Lucas: [panting] Sorry, guys. Sorry. I was...I was biking for eight miles. [grunts, pants]

(Y/N): *runs his fingers through his hair*

Lucas: [panting] Give me a second. Shit. We've got a code red.

Steve: What?

(He walks up to Dustin.)

Lucas: Dustin. I've been with Jason, Patrick, and Andy, and they've gone totally off the rails. They're trying to capture Eddie, and they think you know where he is. You're in terrible danger.

Dustin: All right. Yeah, that definitely sucks, but we've got bigger problems than Jason right now.

(Lucas looks at Max. Cut to Mike's basement where we see Steve, Y/N, & Lucas reading the newspaper clipping of Victor Creel.)

Steve: [grumbles] Okay, be honest, uh...You guys understand any of this?

(Y/N): Nope.

Lucas: No.