Chapter 24: The Battle of Starcourt

Start from the beginning

(Mike explains what they've been through.)

Mike: The Mind Flayer, it built this monster in Hawkins, to stop El, to kill her and pave a way into our world.

Max: And it almost did. That was just one tiny piece of it.

Hopper: How big is this thing?

Jonathan: It's big. [murmurs] Thirty feet at least.

Lucas: Yeah. It sorta destroyed your cabin. Sorry.

Steve: Okay, so, just to be clear, this...this big fleshy spider thing that hurt El, it's some kind of gigantic...weapon?

Nancy: Yes.

Steve: But instead of, like, screws and metal, the Mind Flayer made its weapon...with melted people.

Nancy: Yes, exactly.

Steve: Yeah, okay. I--Yeah, I'm just making sure.

(Y/N): Gross. Can I fight it?

Max: I don't think you're gonna want to touch it when you see it but, yes, you can fight it.

Robin: I'm sorry. I know I'm new to all of this, but, how exactly is (Y/N) going to fight this thirty foot flesh monster?

Dustin: Are you serious?

Robin: Yes.

Nancy: Do you not know?

Robin: Know what?

Nancy: That he's a--

(Y/N): Hey, Nancy. Don't.

Nancy: Why not?

(Y/N): All of you, every single one of you has told somebody what I am...Even though it's my secret to tell! Didn't even ask me if it was okay!

All: Sorry.

Murray: I know who you are.

(Y/N): And who the hell are you?! Hopper?!

Hopper: What?

Robin: Can you tell me your secret now?

(Y/N): Later...

Joyce: Are we sure this thing is still out there, still alive?

Max: El, beat the shit out of it, but, yeah, it's still alive.

Will: But if we close the gate again--

Max: We cut the brain off from the body.

Lucas: And kill it. Theoretically.

(Murray gets everyone's attention.)

Murray: Okay, this is what Alexei called "the hub." Now, the hub takes us to the vault room.

Hopper: Okay, where's the gate?

Murray: Right here. I don't know the scale on this, but I think it's fairly close to the vault room, maybe 50 feet or so.

Erica: More like 500. What, you're just gonna waltz in there like it's commie Disneyland or something?

Murray: I'm sorry, who are you?

Erica: Erica Sinclair. Who are you?

Murray: Murray...Bauman.

Erica: Listen, Mr. Bunman, I'm not trying to tell you how to do things, but I've been down in that shithole for 24 hours. And with all due respect, you do what this man tells you, you're all gonna die.

(Dustin & Erica come up with a better plan. Hopper tosses them a walkie-talkie.)

Hopper: Hey, heads up. You can navigate, just from a safeplace.