Chapter 45

Voltron flies around,twisting and turning to avoid the ships fire. I notice the pod that Shiro and Lotor is in fly not far from us. I let out a sigh. The three ships fly in front of us and converge their beams into a large laser. We put up the shield and force pushes us back and pins us to large rock.

"I'm headed you way." Coran says.

"Coran,no! The Castle of Lions barely survived the first time we fought one of these ships. You'll only--"Keith cuts himself off with a yell. We all grunt and pant with effort.

"Keith is right,Coran. The ship's defenses will never hold!" Allura explains.

"We can't take this much longer!" Pidge stresses.

"Do you guys have any ideas?" Lance asks. One pops in my head.

"Coran,fire just below our position." I yell.

"What?"

"Destroy the rock we're pinned against. Now!" The familiar blue beam,fires below us,destroying the rock. We fall through and move out of the way.

"Lance,Pidge! I need you to get us some cover." Keith orders.

"Right!"

"On it!" They both shoot out lasers,breaking up the rocks around us a we fly forward. The ships behind us weave around them.

"Who's got eyes on Shiro?" Keith asks us. Suddenly,the ships wrap purple ropes around Voltron and flings us into a rock. The impact makes me fly forward,I groan as I sit back up. A familiar looking ring appears in front of us. 

"Is that...?"

"A wormhole?" Lance questions.  

"They're tying to escape." Keith says,the ships and Shiro's pod are flying towards the wormhole.

"Haggar. I has to be Haggar. She must have gained the ability. But how?" Allura inquires.

"We can't worry about that. We have to get Shiro back." Keith remarked.

"But Shiro's not Shiro any more." Hunk says in a worried tone.

"I know,but something is wrong with him. The Galra or Lotor have to be behind it. You all know he wouldn't give up on us. We can't give up on him." Keith said firmly. Filled with determination,we have Voltron stand,and fly to the wormhole. I notice we're not going as fast as usual.

"Guy's one of my thrusters is down can you compensate?" Keith asks.

"Those beams torched our power core. I've diverted power to your thrusters but they're fried,I can't do anything." I said through my gritted teeth.

"We've got maybe 30 seconds of over-clocked burn time." Hunk explains.

"Hit it!" We fly faster.

"We're half way through our burn." We're getting closer,but so are they.

"25%!"

"15%!" The ships go through the wormhole.

"8%!"

"We're not going to make it!" Lance yells.

"We're too heavy!" Pidge exclaims.

"Disband."

"What?" We shout at Keith's words.

"The energy created from disconnecting might create enough thrust to propel me through the wormhole."