Chapter 2

I woke up to the sound of my alarm that overwhelmed me every morning, I stretched my arm and took my cell phone from the nightstand next to me, I checked the time which indicated that it was 6:15 in the morning. Yesterday I promised to make breakfast for my uncle Bud and I think I got up too early for that, but that's the least of it, what matters is that I don't want to break my promise.

Drowsily I motivated myself to get up and go to the bathroom to clean up. I dressed in a simple white oval neck polo shirt and short jeans that reached my calves, lastly, I tied my hair in a ponytail leaving my bangs loose. I grabbed my room keys, my cell phone, and the spare key my uncle gave me the night before to get into the shack.

Approaching the shack I opened the door and entered it. I was surprised only to see Gideon, who was in his pajamas and sleepy, in the kitchen looking for something in the refrigerator. I approached him in silence and greeted him with great enthusiasm. "Good morning, Gideon!" I laughed when I saw that my cousin jumped and hid behind the refrigerator door "Pacifica! You gave me a big scare."

Although my cousin is eighteen years old, he will still be my cute and grumpy cousin. "Hey it's me, I don't think there is another person like me who is so happy to wish you good morning" I pointed with my hands resting on my hips. "If you say so" Gideon added casually, but I heard his soft whisper say 'you're not the only one'.

I kept silent with a confused look but decided to question another matter, "Is uncle Bud still sleeping?". My cousin nodded eating a piece of dessert that was in the refrigerator, I smiled immediately. I looked around the kitchen identifying the utensils and food that were there, I could notice the fruits that were on top of a container and I smiled. I will prepare an assortment for breakfast.

I grabbed the apron that was hanging on a railing and I enlisted the preparation materials. I also asked my cousin where the blender was located to use it, he pointed out the location of it that was stored in one of the containers. I thanked him and put my hands to work, meanwhile I chatted with my cousin about some curiosities that occurred to me.

I also asked if Reverse Falls celebrated some festivities or organized something for the summer. For which Gideon affirmed commenting to me that Reverse Falls Pioneer Day was coming up in the next few days, as well as summerween, among others.

This last one caught my attention since I have not experienced a night of costumes in summer and it sounds very entertaining, maybe I will tell the guys to enjoy that moment and learn about the customs of the town, after all, we are on vacation.

I finished preparing the assortment and got ready to fry some eggs along with some bacon that was in the fridge, I told Gideon to wake up his father while he finished and served breakfast. Saying this, he went to my uncle's room. On his return he helped me place breakfast on the dining room table, we both sat down and continued to eat.

"And... what are you going to do today, Paz?" Gideon asked very interestedly. I thought for a few seconds and replied, "I think today I'll take a little walk to Reverse Falls, and I think my friends will too" I concluded by taking a sip of my juice.

"Then I can go with you, I have the day off" I smiled at my cousin Gideon's offer, "Yes, but I think this time I'll spend time with you, because I'll see my friends every so often, but not so consistent with you, so... what do you think? walk between cousins?" I suggested waiting for him to accept my proposal.

Gideon smiled and nodded "Of course, just let me know the time", very happy I nodded and we continued eating our breakfast. A few minutes later my uncle Bud arrived, I greeted him and served him his breakfast like the good niece that I am, although I don't visit him I make an effort to impress him.