"Sirius-"

Sirius holds his hand up at her, grabbing his joggers off the floor, "Just fucking hand me over to the dementors. That dementors kiss is looking very appetising right now."

"Sirius! Please just listen to me." Kate pleads as she crawls across the bed to get closer to him.

"My best friend.." He scoffs, shaking his head at her, "You could have slept with anyone in the whole fucking universe and you slept with Moony."

Kate looks away, her eyes filling with even more tears. They spill down her cheeks as Sirius throws a top on, she had only just got him back and now she could feel herself losing him again.

"It was an accident."

"An accident?! An accident?! An accident is falling down the stairs not falling onto my best friends penis!" Sirius rants angrily, "I mean where the fuck was Tate? I thought them two were inseparable."

Kate cries harder, she never thought Sirius would find out because she never actually thought he'd be freed. Sirius glares at her coldly, a sickly feeling fills Kates stomach as the familiar psychotic gleam appears in his eyes.

"Oh, I see." He laughs, "So Tate was part of it was he?"

"No." Kate sniffles, "He wasn't there."

Sirius snorts, "Aw so it was nice and intimate for you and Moony then. Just the two of you. How lovely."

He takes one last look at Kate, before leaving and slamming the bedroom door closed. He'd felt anger like this before, the kind of red hot anger that poisons your mind and body against you. He storms into the room Remus is staying in, Remus looks up from the book he's reading and somehow immediately knows what has happened. Remus places the book on the nightstand, he gets out of bed with a struggle and Sirius almost steps forward to help until he remembers what he's there for.

"You and Kate!?" He snaps, "I was in prison and you thought, oh yeah I'll fuck the girl he wanted to marry."

Remus closes his eyes, "It really wasn't like that."

"Go on then, Moony. I'd fucking love to hear how it went down. I'd love to hear all about how you fucked my girlfriend."

Remus sits on the edge of the bed, his legs unable to stand straight. He'd been struggling recently without his walking stick but forever too proud, he didn't use it. Sirius waits impatiently for Remus to start talking, he taps his foot impatiently on the ground.

"Everyone was struggling, we had lost so many friends. So many people."

Flashback

"Yeah well fuck you too!" Remus yells as the door slams in his face, he punches the wall besides him, busting his knuckles with rage.

Everything was going to complete shit. He had one good thing left and he'd just walked out on the day of Pete's funeral. Remus falls to the floor, he'd lost everyone who mattered. Every single one of his friends was gone and now Tate. Remus scoffs with anger, to walk out was fine but on the day they buried what was left of Pete was not okay. None of this was okay. He steadies his breathing, reminding himself of the two sleeping children upstairs. He had to keep it together, they had lost everyone too.

He looks up at the sound of footsteps on the stairs, Kate is standing in her pyjamas and staring at him with sadness in her eyes. She didn't go to Pete's funeral, she stayed with the children instead.

"How was it?"

Remus shakes his head, "His parents.. the sadness they had from burying their son..I just.. I can't.."