That was her final memory... don't tell me her personality from a thousand years ago, is present in front of me?

(Y/n) ignored the surprised look in his eyes and continued to explain to him.

"No one knows where my heart is, except for the person that had it near him the whole time." She lifts herself off the bed, while holding her head as pain continued to throb.
"The Gojo's and Sugawara's we're in possession with it for a very long while, and the only curse that stood by them that entire time was... Takibi. A cursed spirit who was part of the Sugawara clan before he died."

"That old curse! Seriously?" Akio says, disgusted.
"How do you know this." He continues.

"I do, and I don't. It's hard to explain." She frowns, confused herself.
"For one. I faintly remember him telling me in the past he was a Sugawara who was executed by the family head, and was cursed by his younger sister, turning him into a cursed spirit." She furrows her brow, as she tried remembering more.
"And two. About how I know where my heart is...Well. I have a memory, but it's not mine... I think Takibi gave it to me recently. So that when my final memory comes to pass, his will shadow it."

(Y/n) lends her fingers out, showing the same pose Akio would give her before a memory.

If I show him the memory, he will be convinced, right? I can vaguely remember and feel the amount of cursed energy Akio put into this 'spell' so maybe I can reflect his technique.

"You know how to manipulate the mind?" He asks, looking at her fingers.

"With my final memory, I know a lot of things." She frowns, her fear of Akio vanishing.

(Y/n) could feel her old self slipping away as her beliefs and reasons to live change, right in front of her. She was becoming the woman she was 1000 years ago.

She wasn't sure to be scared or happy, but she knew she didn't want to get rid of the person she became in this current era.

Akio shrugs his shoulders and shuffles towards her, sitting across from (y/n).

Her nails dig into the sides of his temple, causing his eyes to go white.

•••
- 20 years ago -

Takibi stood in a plain field of nothing. He looked out into the distance enjoying the calm scenery.

From the shadows, a fox trots over to his side. He takes the form of a human as he walks up to him so they were shoulder to shoulder.

"What is it?" Seiichi says, looking out at the scenery with Takibi.

However the curse didn't speak, instead takes a deep breath of the clean air. Seiichi frowns and glares over at Takibi.

"Don't waist my time, if all you're going to do is give yourself pollen allergies by breathing like that." Seiichi huffs, tucking his arms into his Yukata.

"Heh, sorry." Takibi laughs under his breath.
"I just feel like something is about to happen, and I want to conserve my peace before it does." He says, watching the trees blow over in the breeze.

"Your intuition is usually never off, so what is it!" Seiichi asks, his patience running thin.

"(Y/n)..." He says with a smile.

Seiichi's eyes widen at her name. It had been so long since the last time he heard it aloud. Though his shock was short lived.

He had been sending their signal since the day she died, not once has it showed up. Not even now in this new modern era.