~ 34

"(Y/n). I need you to concentrate... the quicker we find your heart, the less pain you need to go through." Akio says, lifting her chin up.

She presses her lips together, shaking her head. Her tears continued to stream down her cheeks as the past 6 hours have been in constant pain.

"I can't...I can't do it anymore." She replies.

Her wrists were burning from the rope burn and her head felt it was going to implode on itself. The strain of forcing memories into her head was unbearable.

Not only was it physical pain she felt, but mental too. In only a span of a day, her past memories of Sukuna and Akio were breaking through.

She truly loved Sukuna, and wanted nothing more then him being here with her. Although the memories came to her like an unfinished puzzle, it confused her with the different times they were set.

One moment she has a memory of Sukuna searching for stronger curses, then suddenly her next few memories are of him establishing an army of powerful curses. She couldn't keep up.

Akio begins to shake his head, watching her bloodied up face look at him hopelessly. He bites down on his jaw, sitting back in the chair across from her. He watched her as she hung her head, unable to keep it up.

"Listen. You're going to do this again or I'll stop healing you. Then you can really feel the pain." He says, glaring at her.

He leans forward, sinking his nails into her temple, her eyes turning pale white and her body shaking.

•••
The past

"So doctor... How is she?" Seiichi says, sitting beside (y/n) who was passed out on a Futon. The Yokai doctor looks up from (y/n), removing his glasses.

"After some analyses and swabs of her blood, we have finally diagnosed what the deep cut on Ms (y/n)'s neck is." He says.
"It seems...Akio has implanted thousands of microscopic curses inside her." He says, sitting on the opposite side of (y/n).

"What?" Seiichi replies, refusing to believe what he said.

"They are so tiny that they have ran their way through her blood stream; multiplying as we speak." The doctor continued to say.
"Though from our autopsy, they seem to have latched around her spinal cord."

Seiichi starred at the doctor in disbelief, unable to register the thought of microscopic curses invading (y/n)'s body.

"What? Wh-what does that mean? What will happen to (y/n)?" Seiichi asks. The doctor sighs, gazing at the sleeping girl.

"I am unsure. If I knew the reasoning behind this I would have already said it, but..." He goes quite.

"Well-what do we do? H-how do we rid these curses?" Seiichi says, hopeful to hear a cure, but after some silence of the doctor not replying, his eyes began to droop.

"I'm sorry, Seiichi." The doctor says, lifting his body off the floor.
"The best we can hope, is that (y/n)'s cells fight them off like any other virus." He huffs a sigh, disappointed in the answer he gave Seiichi.
"I've given her something to help them, but until then... There is nothing we can do."

Seiichi held the bridge of his nose, holding his tears back, but also frustrated at the hopeless situation (y/n) and he are in.

"Thank you doctor. You're excused." He says, waving the doctor to leave.

The doctor bows, before apologising once again. He leaves the room, passing Takibi standing guard outside the entrance of her room.