𝟎𝟐𝟔: 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐭 𝐌𝐞.

Start from the beginning

Tyler was standing back up after picking something of the ground when he saw a distressed and blood stained Saylor Routledge emerge from the trees.

"Holy shit, S!" He gasped catching the attention of the Cameron beside him.

Rafe turned around and was greeted by an angry Saylor Routldge.

Her eyes were blood shot and swollen, a green and purple bruise sat proudly at the corner of her head and a perfect circle of gunpowder took residence on the centre of her forehead from where the barrel of the gun had been pressed against her skin.

"So you know?" Rafe asked her.

Saylor responded by raising the gun to his forehead, a fire behind her eyes that no one had ever seen before. "I watched"

"WHOAH, S calm down. What's happening?" Tyler questioned completely confused and concerned. The Saylor he knew would never touch a gun let alone use one.

"He killed him" The brunette revealed flicking the safety off the gun her finger twitching at the trigger.

"Who? Who did he kill?" Tyler panicked when she didn't responded. "Who did he kill Saylor?!"

Saylor mouth hung open, she couldn't bring herself to say his name... if she did it was real.

"Barry" Rafe replied causing her anger to spike, he didn't get to say his name, he didn't deserve to.

Her finger tightened against the trigger and Rafe noticed. "You gonna kill me?" He taunted moving closer so that the barrel was pressed again his skin. "Kill me."

Saylor stared at him with a burning fire in her eyes, she wanted to.

She really fucking wanted to.

"SHOOT ME!" He screamed at her.

Everything he had done to her... to the people she loved. She had the power to end it. All she had to do was pull the trigger.

But she couldn't.

"I'm not like you Rafe" She spat dropping the gun before pushing him back harshly by his shoulders. "Why did you do it? Why did you take him away from me?!" She shoved him again. "How could you do that!" shove. "I need him!"

"No you don't!" Rafe grabbed her wrists preventing her from shoving him again. "You don't need anyone!" He began walking forward so she was stepping backwards. "It's just me and you, he was trying to take you away from me. Him and Topper."

Saylor shook her head tears falling from her eyes.

"We were happy. Me, you and Wheezie. We were a family. We're in love."

"Non of that was real Rafe!" She yelled in his face as her back hit the tree.

"It was real, it was real to me" he whispered in her ear pinning her hands above her head. "Your mine" he mumbled before placing kisses on her neck.

Saylor squirmed under his touch looking forward at Tyler who stood still watching in shock. Barry was just as much a brother to him as he was to Saylor.

Rafe pulled away from the brunette placing a final kiss on her forehead right over the gun powder circle before going to his truck pulling the Carson boy with him.

Saylor stood frozen... he was never gonna let her go.

Just before Rafe could close the car door he heard his name be called. "Rafe!" He turned his head to her. "Where is he?"

She wanted to know where they had taken his body. Maybe she could give him a proper send off like he deserved. She could say goodbye.

"Clintons' Pig Farm" He answered before slamming the door shut and driving away.

"No-" Saylor shook her head in disbelief. She couldn't say goodbye... there was nothing left of the man that protected her life with his own. "NO" She screamed her voice hoarse and full of pain. Falling to the ground she clutched onto the dirt beneath her as sobs racked her body.

The second they saw Rafe leave the Pogues jumped out from the bush they were hiding behind and ran over to their best friend.

"Hey, I got you" JJ comforted wrapping his arms around her.

"He's gone Jay" Saylor sobbed pulling the blonde closer to her and burying her head in his neck.

The rest of the group joined the hug creating a safety blanket around the Routledge girl.

"He promised" Saylor hiccuped.

Only Sarah understood that she was talking about Rafes promise to let her go.

.·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·.

·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·