Chapter 4: Maybe Two IS Better Than One!

Start from the beginning

"Well, I did. And mom sounded pretty pissed." He breathes.

"Why would she be pissed? Besides the fact that she left us in a whole different continent!" Cecily practically yells.

Derrick sounds stressed. This is strange coming from his normal carefree tone. "I think something happened. It could be with her job, or with dad. Only mom called me, so."

"That's strange. Only dad called me. I just checked my cell." Cecily says.

"Yeah. Anyway, mom wants to meet us tonight, around 7,  at the Pláza to talk."

To talk?

"About what?" Cecily asks.

"I don't know about all of those details. She says she's not saying anything until she see's us both. So you better get ready. And call dad back." He hangs up.

Rude much?

Tiana and Maisie look up from there beds and at their roommate. She walks into the hallway. Somewhere more quiet and private.

Cecily doesn't understand Derrick. This is strange for her too! But she is also kind of excited to see her parents and know what they have to say.

She dials her father's number.

"This is Allen." He says.

Cecily pauses. Her heart skips a beat. She hasn't talked to her father in who  knows how long. "...dad?"

"Cecily!" He booms. "How. How are you?"

"I'm good." She answers, pacing back and forth.

That's a lie.

"Good. Good. So, Did your brother talk to you about your mother and my plans?" He asks. It sound like he's in a office.

"Derrick mentioned something like that." She replies, stopping. "What is this even about, dad?"

He sighs. "Just wait until you talk with your mother."

"Your not even going to be there?" Cecily asks.

"No. I am still in the states. Do you know how many hours it would take to fly out to France? Your mom is coming from England. Besides. Look- I've said too much already. I'll see you-
Okay. Good bye."

That was weird.

Cecily walks back into the room and decides to get dressed. It is almost seven, anyway.

"Cecily, what's going on?" Tiana asks.

"What's wrong?" Maisie asks.

They practically talk at the same time.

"Oh. Um nothing." Cecily says, picking up her coffee mug and cleaning it out in the sink.

They look at her as if they don't believe a word that she's saying.

"I'm just going to the plaza to meet up with... Kyle." Cecily says, trying to compose a fake smile.

They both look at her unsure as if not completely believing her all the way. This is personal. Why would she need to tell the full story? Yeah. 'My dad, whom I haven't spoken to in 6 months called me out of the blue to tell me that my mom wants to meet my brother and I at the Pláza for a random discussion that I know nothing about?'

As freakin if.

Cecily marches to the bathroom. And takes her long braids out of the ponytail, puts on an accidentally too thick line of eye liner and brushes her eyes with a coat of mascara. She puts a leather jacket on with a pair of her black Hollister jeans and black Jimmy Choo combat boots.

With that, Cecily leaves the dorm without a full explanation, heading to the Plaza.

Hello Daddy. Hello, Mom. I'm your Cherry Bomb!

*Hola, readers!

Whoa, have I have been busy! I have something called an EOC test next week and oh...my...god...

But I gave y'all this chapter! So, hallilulia!

What did you THINK of this chapter?

I'm sorry it seems rushed... I'm stressed lol!

What do you think Cecily's mom's big announcement is going to be?

Hmmm. Has Cecily chosen who she likes? Will she still go on that 'date' with Kyle tomorrow?

Let's all find out In the next chapter!

Once this gets to 25 reads, you get the next chapter!

So please don't forget to vote, comment and SHARE!

thank you guys so much! (>y<)

-Andy Jay