one - prologue

• Leo •

Months after the war with Gaea, after I had sacrificed myself oh-so-nobly for my friends, and long after I had saved Calypso from her cursed island and brought her to camp, I realized it was pointless.

Calypso left me within the first two weeks I brought her to camp. Apparently, there was this cute Ares boy I just can't keep my eyes off of. I'm sorry Leo.

Then I realized everyone hates me. Sure, they stuck around, but I knew they would never forgive me. Not for leaving them like that.
But someone had to do it. And quite frankly, I'm glad it was me rather than Jason because gods know he'd be missed more.

Life wasn't hard at Camp Half-Blood, it was just boring. The routine never changed.

Wake up. Work on machines. Eat lunch. Train a little bit. Work on machines. Take a shower. Eat dinner. Go to sleep.

It was repetitive - the same every single day.

It bored me.  

I debated leaving several times - but where would I go? I had no family outside of Camp, but then again, I didn't really have anyone at Camp either. Sure, I had acquaintances and such, but Jason always made some excuse like "Oh, I need to train," Piper always said something like, "I can't, Annabeth and I are going swimming."

I had gotten desperate enough to reach out to Nico di Angelo, but as soon as our friendship blossomed, he left Camp. Hazel wanted nothing to do with me, or at least, she made it seem like it.

I, quite literally, had no one.

Us seven, me, Percy, Jason, Annabeth, Piper, Hazel, and Frank used to be so close, but after the War, things just changed. It changed and it sucked.

Percy and Annabeth went to school, Hazel and Frank are at Camp Jupiter (I'm not welcomed there, considering I blew some of it up last time, but that's not important.)

I even tried to make friends with Will Solace, but him and Nico were dating and it was all he talked about. I get they're happy, and I'm happy for them, but oh my gods dude, just shut up about it already.

So yeah, to sum it all up, I had nobody.

Nobody at all.