"The difference between you and me, is that you have not just one but two men who love you to death. I don't really have anybody to care whether or not I live or die. I don't really have any friends. And you've met my family. But those two? if you just talk to them and explain the situation to them, they'll understand." he put a hand on her shoulder, squeezing it, "Promise."

At this point, Mavis couldn't blink without tears falling, but she still couldn't fully grasp at his words.  "That's not why I haven't told them. I know they'll understand. The thing is, I don't know if I can stop. they'll expect me, if I tell them to be ready to get clean but I'm not. I don't know if I'll ever be." she tried.

  "You will. Do you know why?" he asked, pulling out something from his pocket. The lavender-haired girl just shook her head 'no'. "because you're selfish. And you don't want to lose them."

"But-" she tried to find a reason to disagree, but Klaus wasn't having it "no buts! Only my perfect one, being right as always." this caused the girl to giggle, and smile genuinely, "okay.." he smiled at this triumph, "okay good. Now who wants some weed?" He asked 

"I'll pass but, thanks." she declined. "Your loss" he rolled a joint. There was a second before Mavis spoke again, "Hey Klaus?"

"Hm?" he hummed in response, "you were wrong" she smirked, "I thought that we just agreed I'm never wrong-" he tried, "well you were." he sighed, "about?" she smiled fully this time, " You are alone. you're not. not anymore". She finished, leaning back against the wall. 

Klaus had a ghost of a smile, and lightly teased, "Softy". To which she responded with an, "Shut up before I eat you." her mistake,  "oooh don't threaten me with a good time!" he exclaimed, "oh now you sound like Will!" Klaus laughed at her attempt to sound mad.

Finally

The ringing stopped

- -┈ ┈┈┈ ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ ┈┈ ┈┈- -

After having gotten nowhere, Will and Five both made their way back to the house only to see Mavis looking pretty exhausted sitting back at her pile of papers shifting them around as if nothing had transpired once they were gone. "Hey" is all she said in acknowledgment, not bothering to look up from her pile of papers, mostly out of concentration, but maybe a little bit out of shame. They both responded back in the same tone, plopping down on five's bed, but without not even a moment of silence passing, a sigh was heard, on the side of the room, where Vanya was seen, walking through, "Oh thank god."

"I was worried sick." she told him, a look of relief finding itself on her face. Five turned to her after, having gotten up to stand and look out the window, "Sorry I left without saying goodbye." the two off to the side, nodded in agreement. However the woman didn't seem to agree, "No, look, I'm the one that should be sorry." Five made his way over, hands in his pockets. "Yeah, I was dismissive, and...I-I guess I didn't know how to process what you were saying." she continued, "And I still can't, to be honest."  Mavis and Will both had looks of distraught.

They knew how Five would handle this, and it's not that they didn't agree, just that they didn;t want to be here for it. "Maybe you were right to be dismissive," he scoffed before walking away from her, continuing, "Maybe it wasn't real after all. It felt real. Well...like you said, the old man did say time travel could contaminate the mind." he finished, agreeing.

They finished with Vanys offering a therapist and Five declining her offer. Finally they were seemingly alone now. At the exact time, out of the closet emerged, Klaus "Touching, all that stuff about family, and dad and time. Wow!" he exclaimed. Five turned to him, "would you shut up?She'll hear you" Five told him, as the man himself pat Mavis's head, to which she responded by swatting his hand away. "I'm moist." he said while doing so, "gross."