Chapter 5: At what cost

Start from the beginning

"Heh heh. She digs me." He smugly remarks before turning around and exiting the building.

Once she gets down the stairs she sees Raizyx kneeling over Misery with Stormbreaker pinned to her neck. The weapon was covered with godslaying lightning while the goddess was covered from head to toe in this dark magenta hue. Raizyx's non-glowing sapphire blue eyes were wide open and his mouth agape in disbelief.

Misery was also wide-eyed but not out of surprise

Misery was also wide-eyed but not out of surprise. It was out of fear.

"Raizyx what happened? what's the matter with you?" Raven asks telepathically.

I didn't make it in time..." He replied.

Just then Raven heard a small voice.
"I can fix this. I can fix this. I can fix this. I can fix this."

Raven looked around to see where the voice was coming from. She leaped over the two then lands in the lab. She sees all of the destruction. The shattered glass directly in front of her, The remains of destroyed table scattered across the center of the room, Craters and holes in the walls and floor at the back of the room, A pile of rubble with wings and an arm sticking out of it near the the crater in the far left hand corner of the lab, The broken cabinets to the right and far left side of her, the remnants of a chandelier near the far left side, and right behind those chandelier and table pieces, a little green person with pointy ears was holding a disappearing pile of ash.

All This person said was. "I can fix this. I can fix this. I can fix this. I can fix this." Over and over again.

Raizyx stares wide eyed at Misery as he mumbles
"How? How did you live that? Why did you take no damage from that? Once it got to your neck it just...stopped?"

His rambles are interrupted by a "hey!" From Raven. He slowly turns his head towards her in response.

"What happened here?" She asks in a soft tone.

"I failed... I wasn't... fast enough." He replies.

"That's not a good enough answer. This place is totaled. Your pinning someone to the ground and-."

"He let her die..." a voice claimed.
Ravens question is interrupted by a voice in the corner of the room. Both her and Raizyx trace the voice  with their eyes to find Maria in the corner as she continues to babble.

"He let her die... I let her die... she killed her..." The goblin hybrid's face was pointed towards the ground as tears trickled down her face until they fell away, hitting the concrete floor. Raizyx could see these tears. The sight was as clear as day while a thought crossed his mind. "I'M GONNA GIVE YOU AN ULTIMATUM! EITHER YOU TURN OF THOSE FLAMES OR I...KILL..YOU!"

Misery stares at Raizyx as he slowly turns his head back to face her. His widen eyes glow a deep violet, the light forming streaks that trail behind his irises as his head moves from right to left.