"Ano 'yon?" Pangungulit niya.

"Wala—"

"Do you know how I hate people calling me knowing that they need something but changed their mind leaving me all curious?" Salubong ang kilay na saad niya dito.

Natawa ito. "My apologies. I just wanted to ask if you can spare time next weekend."

Nakagat ni Saskia ang labi habang nangingiti. "May balak ka sa akin?"

"Explain what you mean by that?" Youri tilted his head while slowly one corner of his lips tugged up.

"Do I have to? Isn't it obvious what I mean?"

Mahina itong natawa saka inangat ang kamay at pinisil ang tungki ng ilong niya.

It surprises Sakia but she didn't move away as she can see in Youri's eyes that he means no harm but just amused by what she said.

"No, nothing like that. Tsk." Nakangiti itong umiling. "I just want to invite you as a friend— may I quote." He playfully narrowed his eyes at her, pointing out that he means nothing more than just a friend. "I will be celebrating my birthday the next weekend so I would like to invite you to go with me for a few hours of road trip."

"Hindi, Youri." Saskia offered an apologizing smile. "We just met a few times— like over five — and I don't trust you enough to go with you alone on a road trip. Maybe when we get to know each other more, at pagnapakilala kita sa mga kaibigan ko, sasama ako."

"Oh..." Youri offered a lopsided smile, his eyes glinted with disappointment. "Sorry, I— I never really thought about it. But— yeah, you shouldn't go somewhere with someone you barely know for your safety."

"But I can be with you somewhere here to celebrate your birthday. How about that? I'll make something for you. Just name the food and I'll try to cook it," Saskia offered.

"Yeah, that will be better." May kinuha ito mula sa wallet nito. "Here, that's my new personal number— I lost my phone hence the new contact. Call me."

Inabot niya iyon at tinignan. "Youri Pierre Tottenham..." Basa niya sa pangalan nito. "Ph.D. MLS. Rechetti Clinical Laboratory," she kept on, smiling. "You got a brainy head, huh." Saskia was amazed.

Nagkibit-balikat ang binata habang nakangiti. "Maybe."

"Anyway, I'll give you a text later so you'll know my number," aniya dito at linagay sa bag ang card nito.

"Sure." Youri waved his hand and left.

Siya naman ay nagpatuloy sa pamimili at iniisip si Youri.

There is something with that friend of her that reminds him of somebody. She just couldn't pinpoint who. Pero lagi talaga siyang may naiisip pagnakikita niya ang binata.

MULA SA binabasang pdf file sa laptop ay tinignan ni Lorch ang one-way mirror door niya ng mahagip ng mata niya si Saskia.

One corner of his lips instantly twitched into a smirk while watching her with a paper bag as she approaches his secretary outside.

Leaning against his seat, Lorch crossed his fingers and bring his hands to the back of his head, stretching his arms.

Nasabihan niya na ang secretary niya na darating ang dalaga at huwag itong pigilan. He was expecting her and he was excited to see what she has for him to get back at him for not even inquiring how he was doing.

Pagbukas ng pinto ay agad na sumilay ang ngiti nito. Somehow, it made Lorch stares at it and hope it'll be always there.

"Looks like you've been waiting, baby," anito pagkasara ng pinto.