"Mom," Rory said in a scolding voice.

"Never saw her on the running track,"

"We get it Mom," Cassie said, but of course Lorelai wasn't done yet/

"I don't remember the country club organizing a Tae-bo class.

"Fine, forget it. Should I put your name on Grandma's present?"

"Yes," Lorelai nodded, but kept her eyes facing the television in front of her. "Sign it the innkeeper formally known as her daughter.

"You know what I think?" Rory asked, walking into the living room.

"What?"

"I think you're acting a little immature," Rory said as she set down the present.

"I'm not acting."

"Well what about the apple tarts? You wait all year for those apple tarts," Cassie reminded her mother, hoping it would be enough to get Lorelai to join them.

"I can live without the apple tarts," Lorelai claimed, making Cassie scoff as she stood up from her seat on the couch. She grabbed her coat from the hanger, putting it on, still annoyed with her mother.

"You've made up songs after eating five of them with lyrics that contradict that last statement," Rory said, and it was true. Lorelai loved the apple tarts.

"Oh you know what? You have to go, you're late," Lorelai held out the keys to the jeep but neither of the twins took them.

"Mom please. We are your daughters who you love," Cassie gave Lorelai her best puppy dog eyes but unfortunately Lorleai grew immune to them when Cassie was about 12.

"You really won't come?"

"What, I'm sorry, is somebody speaking? Couldn't be my kids, they're already halfway to Hartford."

Rory took the keys from Lorelai. "Fine, we're going."

"Drive carefully. Watch out for ice," Lorelai said as her daughters walked towards the front door. "And bring me back one of those," Rory closed the door behind her in the middle of Lorelai's sentence but both twins knew she was asking for Tarts.

"What if we say we got a flat tire, and stay home," Cassie suggested, earning herself an annoyed look from her twin sister. "Or not..."

--☆--☆--☆--☆--☆--

Cassie and Rory felt out of place at the dinner table. They were the only people under the age of 45, and without Lorelai the twins felt even more awkward. They spent most of their talking time answering the same three questions, how's school, plans for college, any extracurriculars? Let's just say the twins were happy when the attention wasn't on them anymore.

"Emily, you've out done yourself yet again," A woman named Gigi complimented Emily.

"Yes, I can't imagine the hours you spent slaving over a hot stove."

"You're teasing me, Alan," Emily told the man sitting on her left.

"It's delicious Emily," He told her.

"A compliment for my chef is a compliment for me, thank you Alan."

"Or it's just a compliment for the chef," Cassie whispered, her words going unheard by all.

"I for one would like to know where Henry is at this hour. Probably gallivanting around London like a bull out to stud," Richard guessed. All night Richard couldn't stop talking about this man named Henry from his work, someone he currently despised.