I am glad, Dominic didn't pull any more tricks to coerce me since the incident with the dogs he has been busy with his so-called business. Something is going on with one of his clubs. I overheard the heated conversation from my room.
Yes, I have a room for which I'm thankful. My own little personal space.
At first, I didn't know I would have my room so I ended up sleeping on the couch in Dominic's room. But there's a door connecting to his room and mine. Once I had acquired the knowledge of my room I didn't waste time and jumped out of his room into mine breathing in my own space, into my tiny piece of heaven.
I didn't saw Dominic for the past few days. I'm grateful for it.
Liar.
My brain whispers. I shush the voice. Even if he graces my bedroom while I'm sleeping I wouldn't know. Thanks to the blue pills, I'm earning my sleep without any hindrance. I've been fooling myself for a week with the blue pill. Although I don't know how much longer I will hide under the mirage of blue pills.
I don't have stock that will last for a lifetime just little enough for two months. I'll have to buy them somehow from the pharmacy or will have to quit them. Not that I'm addicted, not that I need them but being here in this very house, under the same roof as Dominic makes my nerves jittery. I sigh. Shaking my head from irrelevant thoughts I open the classic and dive in.

                               *******

I don't remember what time it is. I have almost finished half the book. A tired yawn escapes from me, I fold the page corner and stretch to loosen the rigid muscles. Slamming the book shut I walk across the window overlooking the football-size grand swimming pool. The high scorching sun makes the water shimmer reminiscing the blues from Italy.

The water is tempting, refreshing, and inviting. Small heaven in the middle of the desert. I want to go down and dip my toes. Quench my thirst but I dare not. Besides, I don't want to reveal my hiding spot. Who knows Dominic might be lurking in one of the corridors to pounce. As if he's free for you. The voice whispers back in my head, I dismiss it. Twice.
But what if he's not in the mansion? Usually, he goes out to one of his clubs but sometimes he's home staying in his office. But what if he's not here today? What if I just go down and sit by the pool? Besides I can't see any bodyguards near the pool. A smile full of hope blooms on me. In an instant, I make up my mind.
I turn and freeze.
My smile vanishing instantly.
There he stands.
Like a King.
Like a very devil himself.

Clad in a black suit the blazer hangs on his shoulder. Two fingers snaked lazily onto the collar of the blazer. The first two buttons of the black silk shirt are undone the tanned skin evident underneath followed by the loose tie. It looks like he was trying to get rid of the tie but gave up. The sleeves of the shirt are rolled up to the elbows displaying the dark ink running down the forearms. He is leaning lazily on the door one hand in his pocket, legs crossed at the ankles. His hair is a mess as if he has pulled them several times. The two-day-old stubble brings the rogue in him yet he's exhausted.
But the moment the blue of his eyes settle on me they narrow further narrowing into slits the facial muscles hardening.
His jaw grinding. He takes in my smile, my shocked expression and a lazy grin spreads across his features.

My breath hitches. A stranger might mistake him for young and charming with that grin.
But I know better.
It's the one bearing a warning.

The air suddenly feels too tight. The chill increasing despite the heat outside. My throat suddenly feels dry and unconsciously I lick my lips. His eyes zoom in over my lips and back to my eyes. I can't move. His stare has made me paralyzed or at least my body is.

A soft click goes on and I close my eyes at the sudden intrusion of light. I open my eyes adjusting to the bright surrounding. The whole library is illuminated with a soft glow emitting from the yellow bulbs. I gasp at the sheer beauty of this place. I tilt my head to the ceiling and forget where I am. There up high is the oil painting of Greek Gods and Goddesses and the angels covering the whole canopy. It looks so surreal. When I look at Dominic he has a small remote in his hand.