Episode 11 - A father's sacrifice

Start from the beginning

“Good.” He softly whispered, feeling relieved after knowing the state of the young students. Then, through the corner of his eyes, Mr. Nam spotted a familiar boy near them.

“Cheongsan.” Onjo’s father called as he approached the quiet boy in relief.

“Ajusshi.” Cheongsan replied before pulling the man into a hug.

All of the students watched as they embraced each other in a hug as Cheongsan’s sorrowful emotion was evidently seen due to the memory of the loss of his mother.

“Okay.” Onjo’s father uttered as he gently patted Cheongsan’s back in comfort. “Are all of you able to run?” He asked, glancing over at each of the surviving students.

“Yes.” Both Wujin and Daesu replied.

“Good.” Mr. Nam muttered before turning his whole body facing toward the tennis court, pointing his finger to the direction the students would be taking in order to leave the school premises.

“If you go through the tennis courts and the construction site, you’ll reach the mountain. Go over the mountain and get to Yangdong-” Onjo’s father explained before Cheongsan called him, making the male adult stop explaining and averted his attention to his daughter’s childhood friend.

Hearing the alert in Cheongsan’s voice, the group of students began to feel alert as some of them stood up from their seats and mimicked Cheongsan’s action by turning their gaze to see a zombie were running and snarling at them.

Almost instantly, Mr. Nam sprung into action and rushed to the zombie. Onjo’s father picked the zombie up and slammed it on the ground before twisting and breaking its leg. The fallen zombie was crawling on the ground using its hands.

“Kids, go run!” The male adult firmly yelled after he managed to twist one of the zombie’s legs.

“Aish.” Both Areum and Suhyeok heard the short haired senior letting out a curse upon hearing Onjo’s dad order. Obeying Mr. Nam's instruction, all of the surviving students ran toward the small hill toward their next destination, which would be the tennis court.

Able to hear the distant growling and snarling of the zombies from the other side of the auditorium building, the rest of the young teen hurriedly ran for their life. Clasping his hand with the beauty’s hand, Suhyeok was making sure that Areum would not be left behind after witnessing her sacrifice incident from earlier. The tall boy quickly glanced behind him to see Onjo and her father were trailing behind them.

“Run! Go! To the tennis courts!” Mr. Nam yelled as they ran away from the building and the incoming group of zombies. After seeing this, all of the young teens began to quicken their pace. With the group of zombies chasing them from behind, the group of students finally reached the bright green tennis courts ahead of them.

Being the first person to reach the gate of the tennis court alongside Namra, Wujin shoved open the gate door and let Namra enter before himself. The rest of the students quickly followed their action as Nam Soju ushered them inside.

With Suhyeok being the last student to set foot inside the court, Mr. Nam quickly followed the tall boy and went inside the court. The male adult did not notice that one of the students, specifically the senior athlete, was still standing in front of the gate with her bow ready in her hands.

The eldest Jang had stopped right in front of the gate door and was ready to shoot the zombie ahead of her in the forehead. However, out of nowhere, a female zombie tackled the female athlete to the ground, causing Mr. Nam rushed over and pushed the zombie away from the girl.

Helping Hari stand up from the ground after being tackled by a zombie, Onjo’s father pushed the young athlete inside the gate. The male adult then joined her inside the court and closed the gate by locking the door before the zombies flooded against the door gate.