Episode 2 - The beginning of the zombie apocalypse Part 1

I would like to make a special thank you to all of the lovely readers for your supports. Seeing  all of your supports and excitement in reading the storyline between Areum and Suhyeok. It  has helped motivate myself in writing the next chapters of their storyline. So, here's the next chapter of the story!

Enjoy reading them!!!🧡💛

***********

Dodging the students along their way to the front entrance of Hyosan school building, Areum tried to keep up the pace as she was being dragged by Suhyeok.

“Come. This way. This way.” The tall boy instructed as they were finally able to enter the school entrance. However, when they were able to set foot in the school building, a zombie student slammed its body on the school entrance door, preventing the pair from entering the school premise. Startled by the zombies, Suhyeok tugged Areum through their intertwined hands to the school yard. Both of them halted their movement as their eyes widened seeing the increasing number of zombies in the school yard.

Hearing the clanking sound of metal, the black-haired changed her view toward the source of the sound. Watching the school gardener was hanging on his life on top of the ladder, banging his clutter against the flesh eating monsters from biting him. Seeing the gardener fallen from the ladder, Areum stared with devastation as the gardener got bitten by the students after several attempts of pushing them away. Breathing heavily as panic slowly began to rise, Areum squeezed Suhyeok’s hand in order to get his attention and pointed toward the fallen ladder near the biting flesh zombies. Getting the same idea as Areum, Suhyeok quickly rushed to grab the ladder with the black-haired girl following him from behind. Then, he positioned the ladder near their classroom window. 

“I’ll climb first. I need to check the class if it’s safe for us to hide there, okay?” Suhyeok told Areum, who was breathing heavily due to her panic attack. Suhyeok grabbed her face as he tried to calm her down. 

“Areum-ah. Look at me. I know you’re afraid but it’s going to be okay. I promise.” Suhyeok calmed her down as his thumb moved in circular motion against her cheeks to soothe down her panic attack. “I’m going to climb first, okay?” He repeated, earning a nod from the black-haired girl. As Suhyeok climbed up the ladder, Areum frantically looked around her surroundings.

“Areum-ah! Hurry. Climb up.” Suhyeok shouted, causing the girl to start climbing up the ladder. At the same time, a newly turned zombie ran its way toward the girl. Seeing the zombie coming toward the class vice president’s way, both Daesu and Wujin shouted at her to hurriedly climb the ladder and told her to jump off the ladder. Taking the advice from the two classmates, Areum jumped to the window the moment the ladder fell to the ground. Clutching whoever’s arms she managed to grasp, Areum was pulled into the classroom by Suhyeok with the help of Daesu and Wujin. Once she was standing inside the classroom, she panted heavily as panic began to arise once again, Areum clutching Suhyeok’s shoulders as she tried to slow down her breath. 

Knowing the girl for the past eight years, Suhyeok knew that Areum tends to get panic attacks because of her past trauma when she was younger. What she saw earlier has triggered her memories as she remembered how her father was murdered in front of her. Suhyeok instantly went to hug her, resting her head against his shoulder as he worried about her well-being.

“It’s okay, Areum-ah. You’re safe now. Breath slowly.” Suhyeok comforted her, feeling wet tears soaking through his school uniform blazer. He didn't mind the wet tears as he rubbed his hand in circulation motions along  her back, hoping it would soothe her down. The whole students in the class 2-5 stared at the pair in sympathy as they had never seen their class vice president act this way. They usually see her as the bubbly and cheerful person, who is always friendly and thoughtful toward other people.