Episode 9 - Rainy night

While Cheongsan let out a frustration scream, Suhyeok was busily tending Areum’s wound. The tall boy gently removed the thermal blanket away from her body and  examined her wound. Suhyeok sighed in relief when he saw the beauty’s wound was not deep as the bullet only grazed on her skin.

“Suhyeok-ah. I’m fine, really.” Areum reassured the boy she likes after observing Suhyeok was tending her wound. Hearing her statement, Suhyeok lifted his eyes in disbelief to stare at her brown eyes as he gently squeezed her arm to see if she was indeed fine.

“Aak~ Yah!” Areum shrieked in pain, flinching her body away when the hurt sensation started to travel on her left side after Suhyeok gently squeezed her arm. The beauty instantly glared at the tall boy, only to see that one of his eyebrows raised with a knowing look, a look in which Suhyeok did not believe any of her words. 

“You know better when you lied to me, Areum-ah. I can clearly see you in pain.” Suhyeok mentioned as his eyes softened after watching the black haired girl beside him lowered her head in embarrassment. 

“Hey. It’s not to be ashamed of. Everyone can feel pain, Rumnie-yah. Even I can feel it.” The tall boy uttered, comforting the beauty as he lifted her face by her chin using his other hand. Suhyeok smiled when his eyes met her brown eyes.

“It’s not to be ashamed of when you tell someone that you’re not feeling well.” He continued.

“I know.” Areum whispered, biting her lips in the process. “But I don’t want to be a burden.”

“Remember what I said in the music room? You’re not a burden to me, not to anyone, Areum-ah. If it wasn’t for you and even Prez, we'd be in trouble facing Gwinam earlier.” Suhyeok muttered as he tried to reassure Areum, who kept doubting her abilities after the beauty got bitten by one of the school bullies. 

“Suhyeok’s right, Areum-ah. Never doubt yourself as a burden to us. You’ve helped us when we’re in trouble. Now, it’s our time to help you, cousin.” Wujin joined in, causing  Areum and Suhyeok to turn their heads to look at both Wujin and Namra were approaching them with the first aid kit on Namra’s hand.

“Don’t think of that to yourself, Areum-ah. You more than that. Remember our plan after our graduation? We’re still planning on doing that, right? I’m not going to do it alone. So you better be alive.” Namra smiled as she lightened the dull atmosphere that surrounded them. Hearing her close friend's effort to lighten the mood, Areum chuckled at Namra’s joke. The two boys smiled when they watched the two close friends were able to help lift each other spirit.

“Would never dream of missing it, Namra-yah.” Areum smiled. The black haired girl then shifted her eyes toward her bleeding arm when she felt a stingy sensation before glancing back at her close friend and cousin. 

“I'd better treat the wound before it gets infected.” Areum mentioned as both Wujin and Namra nodded their heads in understanding. She watched as Suhyeok grabbed the first aid kit from Namra and placed it near the beauty while her close friend and cousin gave them some space to tend her wound.

The pair of them then worked together when Suhyeok insisted that he would do all the physical work while Areum only needed to tell him how to treat the wound on her arm. The black haired girl hissed in pain when Suhyeok applied a cotton ball of antiseptic liquid on her wound, causing the tall boy to halt his movement in worry. 

Once Areum notified him that she was fine, Suhyeok continued to gently patted her wound with the cotton ball that was drench with a bit of antiseptic liquid. When the tall boy finished tending her wound, Areum then asked him to wrap the gauze bandage around her wounded arm.