Episode 3 - The loss of a friend

The skies outside of the school had become dark, indicating it was already night time to the surviving citizens in Hyosan. Back in Hyosan High School in the broadcasting room, one particular student was being scolded by the English teacher after breaking her promise and causing a quarrel with one of the students.

“Did you really say that? You promised me you’d apologise to him.” Ms. Park sternly said, crossing her arms over her chest while the male students calmed down Gyeongsu near the window.

Areum was treating the small wound on her elbow after Hyeryeong spotted a hole on her school cardigan with blood on it when the short-haired girl helped her stand up from the floor. 

“I did nothing wrong.” Nayeon defending herself.

Areum silently scoffed as she covered the wound on her elbow with band aid from the first aid kit. After placing the first aid kit back from where Namra had fetched it for her, Areum wore her school cardigan and stood beside her close friend.

Feeling the stare of her childhood friend, Areum turned her gaze toward Suhyeok, only to see he was staring at her with worry. Suhyeok mouthed if she was fine. The young girl held a small smile and assured him with a nod of her head. 

“You only think about yourself. You said to close the door before anyone could get in. You said it would be safer for us. You even pushed Areum to the floor when you walked out of the recording room. That’s not right.” Jimin argued as she scowled in disbelief. 

“We almost died because Gyeongsu let Coach Kang in. Why aren’t you mad at him? And I pushed Areum because she’s on my way when I walked out of the door.” The light brown haired girl asserted.

“That was not his fault. How is he supposed to know that was gonna happen?” Cheongsan justified it as he defended his best friend. 

“That’s enough. Quiet everyone.” Ms. Park ordered, not believing her students once again argued.

“We’d be quiet if she was gone.” Jimin inserted.

“All of you are so annoying.” Nayeon sighed in frustration. “What if I’m right about this? Then will you finally admit that I saved you all?”

“I don’t understand how you can still be like this?” Cheongsan uttered as he frowned toward the defensive girl, who then looked at Gyeongsu

“Look. See if I’m right or wrong.” Nayeon muttered as she gazed toward Gyeongsu. All of them then turned their attention toward the sitting boy. 

“What?” Gyeongsu asked as everyone stared at him. Areum watched as blood began coming out of his nose.

The young girl felt shocked and scared of the bleeding boy as she remembered what Namra mentioned to her earlier. Furrowing her eyebrows to the Lee girl, Areum stared in shock as the pink sweater girl was capable of doing something horrible to one of her classmates in order to defend herself.

“See? You still think I’m wrong?” Nayeon claimed. Suhyeok was surprised as he watched Gyeongsu wipe the blood under his nose as black veins started to visibly appear on his hands.

The tall boy was being pulled away by Daesu from Gyeongsu as Suhyeok still not entirely believing this would happen to one of his close friends. Startling to see the black veins on his hand, Gyeongsu suddenly stood from his seat and stared at his hands in fear. 

“Hey. What’s wrong with me? Something’s wrong with me.” Gyeongsu shakily mumbled to his friends as his eyes started to become red. Standing beside the class president, Areum watched with sadness as the boy was shaking with fear after seeing his sudden change of appearance. Areum felt bad as she was too late to prevent this from happening to one of her friends.